TSB 22-2224

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
Crazy that it fixes some trucks and not others. My Powerboost got the TSB at 17,000 miles. I’m at 18,900 now. Running 87 against my better judgement to test it thoroughly. Shudder has not returned and mine was definitely noticeable before on 87.
What did the TSB change? Does it still hold 10th under load, or did they just program it to kick down a few gears for you?
Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
What did the TSB change? Does it still hold 10th under load, or did they just program it to kick down a few gears for you?
It seems more likely to drop to 8th once the boost really starts to build, most notably in cruise control. But whatever parameters they changed in the engine as well seem to help too, as even in 10th under some boost it doesn’t shudder anymore where as it used to before

Dadofjax

First Name
DadofJax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I had it done and seems to be better. I pull a trailer every weekend and haven't noticed it pulling either.

I did install a roush cold air that I swore helped a bit before the update or I just was getting used to it.

I still have the vibration in the peddles while driving and horrible idle but been told "that's normal"

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Any one here that had the TSB applied that’s not a PowerBoost?

mind sharing your VIN?

Sponsored

bsealy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Powerboost - Lariat
Update: Techs were able to use my Power Balance tests to narrow down to ignition system. Plugs and coils were fine and they determined that it was an injector issue. Instead of troubleshooting the injector rail assemblies, they ordered two new injectors. They said that 2 of the injectors are getting stuck/stalled when moving from electric driving to mechanical. The parts are backordered obviously....

No loaner from the dealership - as all the loaners are out because everyone has backordered parts. I asked them to chat with the used car manager to see if I could have one of those for the time being - probably a pipe dream.

Any advice?

Ben

OP
OP

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
To update my issue…Dealer says my truck excluded from the TSB. On going saga. My next step is Lemon Law I guess. I had high hopes that this update would fix the shutter issue. Anyone have any insight on the lemon law process?

bsealy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To update my issue…Dealer says my truck excluded from the TSB. On going saga. My next step is Lemon Law I guess. I had high hopes that this update would fix the shutter issue. Anyone have any insight on the lemon law process?

wilmaj32 - check out this guys youtube - - he went through the exact same thing we are going through.

OP
OP

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired

bsealy

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: Truck received 2 new injector rails and all new port/direct injectors. Major problem with the misfires creating the shudder are fixed. Will receive the truck on Friday and report back and share info in the paperwork.

TSB was also installed for PCM tuning - not sure if its 22-2224 or something else yet (services rep wouldnt tell me).

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Powerboost Lariat 2WD
Tried to get my dealer service to perform TSB 22-2224 “Drivetrain Shuddering” while I was in for the underbody insulation recall. They said they couldn’t reproduce the issue (eyeroll) and therefore would not update the ECU to the latest version. What a complete crock. These trucks should have the latest production version for every single module on the vehicle. I guess I’ll have to buy FDRS just to accomplish this myself.
Sponsored