Sponsored

Truck Shipping/Delivery Times?

Payup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 XLT Sport Special Edition
I’m X plan, so I think my dealer wants me to cancel so they can sell for more profit.

Maybe. But either way my theory still stands. They want the truck to come in more than we do
Sponsored

Martysnipes2022F150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting 2022 F150
Occupation
Mining Supervisor
Hi there,mine was built march 16 and shipped march 26,it’s been in transit ever since with th delivery date changing 13 times.no holds no one knows why..it’s going from Dearborn to Oakville Ontario 4 hrs
Brutal eh, mine has been in a yard in Toronto awaiting a transport to Sudbury for over a month now, i ordered it in Nov. this is getting annoying

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
So as to the X plan I have a different theory. I ordered in Aug 21 for a MY21. With x plan pricing. They get a dozen orders without x plan pricing. In this market if you are a dealer who will only get a small allocation. Which order do you want Ford to fill 1st? The one they can make 4000 over msrp or the one that they get a few hundred bucks over invoice from ford for?

Now once it is built I agree that they want it to come as fast as possible but that doesn't mean they haven't given priority to getting as many other vehicles built 1st cause they know they can mark them up.

Just my hyper sinical mind going here. I have seen the ways some business people think. I also know that you can't buy a truck in the area for less than MSRP unless you order it or are good friends with the dealership.

As far as my shipping experience. I was Built 6/19 just 10 days short of my 10 month mark from ordering. They now are telling me Late July shipment. I am a short drive from the plant.

The dealers here are making record sales by the way. They aren't hurting. 30% down on volume of new car sales. 30% up on used car sales. 90% up on profit per vehicle. Do the math. The new car lots are empty but you don't see the throughput.

charlesdf22

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few Toyota’s
So as to the X plan I have a different theory. I ordered in Aug 21 for a MY21. With x plan pricing. They get a dozen orders without x plan pricing. In this market if you are a dealer who will only get a small allocation. Which order do you want Ford to fill 1st? The one they can make 4000 over msrp or the one that they get a few hundred bucks over invoice from ford for?

Now once it is built I agree that they want it to come as fast as possible but that doesn't mean they haven't given priority to getting as many other vehicles built 1st cause they know they can mark them up.

Just my hyper sinical mind going here. I have seen the ways some business people think. I also know that you can't buy a truck in the area for less than MSRP unless you order it or are good friends with the dealership.

As far as my shipping experience. I was Built 6/19 just 10 days short of my 10 month mark from ordering. They now are telling me Late July shipment. I am a short drive from the plant.

The dealers here are making record sales by the way. They aren't hurting. 30% down on volume of new car sales. 30% up on used car sales. 90% up on profit per vehicle. Do the math. The new car lots are empty but you don't see the throughput.
No proof, but I’m of the same mind as you. My local dealers have been getting several Platinum PowerBoost’s that almost match my build to the nose. But they are all $4-8k over MSRP and won’t negotiate. Whereas most of us are getting bumped for months for unknown reasons. My selfish thoughts are that Ford should fulfill the orders that are from customers instead of trying to fill the dealers lots. But I know that’s crazy talk and Ford doesn’t want to alienate their dealer cronies, so they keep a steady flow of trucks for their profiteering network, whereas loyal customers are stuck waiting for months.

It’s really unfortunate, as Ford knows that they have the market over a barrel, having the only hybrid truck that is actually intended as a truck. I would like to think that people would remember this experience when a worthy competitor enters the market, but alas, memories are short.

Veni

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Hi there,mine was built march 16 and shipped march 26,it’s been in transit ever since with th delivery date changing 13 times.no holds no one knows why..it’s going from Dearborn to Oakville Ontario 4 hrs
Hi, I’m in the same situation I order mine F-150 lariat Power-boost last year in December, my truck was build on April 19 no hold on parts. Since that time awaiting shipment my ETA has been changed 13 times. I’m sick and tired of this ford Canada can’t explain the delay same with the dealership. I send some emails to ford executives in US they forward my emails to Canadian executive department and they reach out to me and are feeding me Bs every week.
Sponsored