Sponsored

Tremor Steering Rack

bobenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tremor F150
Does the 2023 Tremor use a different steering rack than the standard F150? I am asking becuase my tremor was purchased wrecked and we put a standard f150 steering rack on it and it doesn't turn well at all. I have to do 3 point turns all the time. I do have a leveling kit and 34.5 tires with -12 offset wheels. Is this normal, or did I screw myself from putting a standard f150 steering rack on it?
Sponsored

Steve53

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 5.0 401a
Occupation
Retired
I had to have my rack and pinion replaced under warranty. The first one was ordered based on my VIN number, unfortunately the BCM would not talk to it. A different one was ordered, not sure what criteria the dealer used. I did however receive emails advising when the part was arriving along with the part numbers, each time one was ordered. The last letter in the part number was the only difference, My truck has a 5.0 and I swear the one that worked was for a 3.5......

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Might be related to programming. Have you checked to see that it's properly running into the stops on the knuckle? Did you use aftermarket parts that are adjustable or factory parts? There's nothing special about the racks.

OP
OP
bobenson

bobenson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tremor F150
Might be related to programming. Have you checked to see that it's properly running into the stops on the knuckle? Did you use aftermarket parts that are adjustable or factory parts? There's nothing special about the racks.
I bought my Tremor Wrecked and the steering rack was broken. I got a rack from ebay off a 2021 F150. And it is hard to turn in a parking lot as far as turn radius. I have to make 3point turns all the time. I dot have -12 offset wheels and 34.4 inch tires.

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
I'd try test driving another F150 to compare - to be frank, the turning radius pretty much sucks in general and you may just be expecting more?
Sponsored