Sponsored

Tremor front diff explodes at 7400 km

WalterMitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor
yeah that would probably do it. Unless I missed something, I didn't think that was a factor?
He mentioned rocking in back and forth, and then mentioned that maybe the truck protected itself.

After wrecking a few picees of equipment, I don’t rock back and forth anymore. I also use 4 wheel low when needed, and sort of let the equipment do the work and not a heavy right foot. If all else fails, I carry a few tow straps!
Sponsored

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
after recently getting stuck in a rare bad mix of just 4in. of a super slick packed snow mix,(for the 1st time in years) i tried rocking with rear dif. lock, 4L, 4A,4h combos and the truck 4x4 option 100% failed 3x and i had to shut it down 5min. to reset. Finally got rocked out i think it was 4H, but curious what everyone else finds to work best or what is recommended as to not break stuff?

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
after recently getting stuck in a rare bad mix of just 4in. of a super slick packed snow mix,(for the 1st time in years) i tried rocking with rear dif. lock, 4L, 4A,4h combos and the truck 4x4 option 100% failed 3x and i had to shut it down 5min. to reset. Finally got rocked out i think it was 4H, but curious what everyone else finds to work best or what is recommended as to not break stuff?
I'm confused here. Did it throw an error message and you switched the truck off and it cleared?

What do you mean by "rocking"? pulsing the gas pedal? Were you in a ditch?

aaexpert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 platinum
I'm confused here. Did it throw an error message and you switched the truck off and it cleared?

What do you mean by "rocking"? pulsing the gas pedal? Were you in a ditch?
"4x4 system failure" message...and wouldnt go back to 4wd mode unless the vehicle was shut off for 5min. (no code clearing). Yes, pulsing pedal forward and reverse. no, level ground with snow over ice.
Sponsored