First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Now I'm trying to find out where I can get spare fuses of this type, but can't determine what "type" of fuse this is. Have been reviewing the info here:

https://car-fuse.blogspot.com/2020/12/2021-ford-f-150-fuse-panel-diagram.html

Anyone know the type of the fuse in the image?

2021-08-25 14.13.07.jpg
2021-08-25 14.29.08.jpg
Anyone know what type of fuse this is? Would like to order some spares, but can't find them at the local auto parts stores... Would like to avoid a trip to the dealer for them. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
did you figure out the type of fuse yet?
Nope, not yet. I'm up and running, but do eventually have to replace the 20amp fuse from the non-critical circuit.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government
Nope, not yet. I'm up and running, but do eventually have to replace the 20amp fuse from the non-critical circuit.
I had a similar problem with my GMC, even the dealer didn't have it. I ended up ordering one from Amazon. It was a similar fuse but not that one. It's a type of slow blow fuse.

mustanga10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport 2015 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Public Service/Government

Sponsored

OP
OP
Smitdog

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired

JEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB 502a
Thanks for the link mustanga10! Until just now I couldn't figure out what this type of fuse was called so couldn't find it on Amazon.?

Wow, they're expensive!
If you have trouble with other fuses, all of them are identified on page 454 of the owner’s manual.

EMon

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 hybrid
Ford F150 Hybrid with Max tow package: We are currently on a 6 week trip towing a new 2021 Grand Design Imagine. Tow brake stopped working intermittently, but could be reset by turning off the vehicle opening/closing doors and restarting (rebooting system). We also had an issue where the emergency brake got stuck on and we couldn't move the vehicle (while not towing) but could be reset the same way.
We took it to a dealer and codes for bad emergency brake switch and trailer brake module came back. Had the trailer brake module and emergency brake switch replaced and the issue was worse. The truck isn't recognizing trailer brakes at all. Took it to another larger dealer, they also replaced the trailer brake module and could not get it to work after reprogramming.

After 9 days in the shop 2 different dealerships, Ford has deemed this issue currently unrepairable. Assume it is a communication/programming issue they do not have a fix for currently. Upon more research we came across several threads online of this being an issue.

WARNING to all who tow with the 2021 F 150 hybrid. Trailer brakes go out suddenly without warning.This has left us stranded 1300 miles from home with no solution and a total lack in confidence with the vehicle safety. Now our only solution is hire transport for our trailer back home at the tune of several thousand dollars and file a lemon law complaint.

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport (Hybrid 3.5L)
Just had this same issue pop up. I was pulling a trailer and the fault went off. After re-nesting all the fuses in red above and swapping out blown fuse #91 with #34 all the error messages and fast blink went away. Definitely a bug in the system. The fast blinker was killing me…

Ordered 5 fuses (thanks mustanga10) to have on hand in case this happens again :/

Joe Roy

First Name
Joe Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Platinum 2021
Occupation
Construction
Pulling and resetting the fuses highlighted by Smitdog in first post of this thread worked for my vehicle. No more error message. Thank you.

Sponsored

steveiott1982

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F150 XLT FX4
Hello, new guy here.

I have a 2015 F150 and just started experiencing this issue today when I picked up my new camper. Was working fine, then all of a sudden I got a "trailer disconnected" message and then a "trailer brake module fault". This is a factory trailer brake as well.

One thing that I did notice is that I have the rapid blinker, but this is because I have LED tail lights and reverse lights.

I never thought much of it, but do any of you guys also have LED lights? Could this have something to do with it possibly? This is such a weird problem and I've googled like crazy and no one seems to really know what causes it.

I will check fuses tomorrow. My other idea was to just order a new brake module and see if that fixes anything.

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys.

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
I was at the dealer for a sperate issue. When that issue was fixed and I was there to pick up the truck the trailer brake module fault came on and so started the hyper flash inside only. So took it back to dealer and they said they needed to order a new module and it will take 10days to get so come back and the hyper flash was because I hooked up raptor lights. I called BS on that since it just started after the module fault came on. So they reset the code for now and Bam hyper flash gone and so is the fault. Drove 300 miles with a trailer and still clear. Guess I wont go back unless it comes up again. I did check all fuses that I saw on another thread and most were not seated all the way so this might have been the problem. Just glad they were wrong blaming the hyper flash on the raptor lights.

steveiott1982

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F150 XLT FX4
Just to let everyone know, I ordered a new Trailer Brake Control Module and that fixed the issue. I ordered this part from https://www.fairwayfordparts.net

JL3Z-2C006-AAF-150 Trailer Brake Controller Genuine Ford Parts

Cobraman428

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB 701A MT FX4
Occupation
VP of IT
I was at the Ford dealership and when they gave me my F150 back it had the Trailer Brake Fault. The service manager fixed it by going under the dash on the driver side and securing a connector. He said if your feet hit it, it can come loose and produce this error. He said he has seen it a few times before on other model like the XLTs, but never on a Hybrid model. I don't know the exact location of the wire connector is but I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Scott B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I have a 2021 Lariat Powerboost. Since day one without towing any trailers I have had a Trailer Brake Module Fault and Trailer Wiring Fault. They have replaced the trailer brake module three times and reprogrammed the system several times. They have been on a hotline with the Ford factory technicians and still no luck. The truck has been to the dealer on eight separate occasions and is still there now. The latest is it could be a wiring harness issue and this has a 90% chance of fixing it. Nice truck, but useless at this point to tow any trailer. Sounds like this is issue for several people and not a one off issue.
Sponsored