Sponsored

Toronto Leases From Q1 2021

Moy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 502A, 1991 Lada Niva
Sooooo,

I have an unscheduled clean order from a Toronto dealer ordered on March 31st 2021. This was a very popular lease and loads of these orders are still unscheduled because the dealers (multiple competing dealers) ordered waaay more than their allotment.

I have chatted with Ford Performance and confirmed that the order exists and has been picked up by Ford but that's about all the info I have. As was mentioned in another thread, the $100/week lease for a lariat is the reason not to walk away.

I know there are many others in a similar boat, if anyone has any info on what the manufacturing close-out for 2021's means for our orders please share anything that's relevant.

I'm absolutely not trying to start a thread bashing individual dealers, we are all navigating that relationship right now and I don't want to get into that, just trying to share info.

Cheers.
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Same boat here. i don’t put any faith my dealer has any idea what’s going on. But they told me if i don’t get scheduled for 21 they will be resubmitting orders for 22’s. They said same deal on price.

I also read on another thread we should be getting $1000 from ford for waiting. But my dealer hasn’t said squat about that.
what dealer did U order from? I did planet In Brampton.

my bro and pops ordered from white oak. They’ve been driving for 3 months now

OP
OP

Moy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered from Eastcourt.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
I ordered from Eastcourt.
Ya I think eastcourt was the worst for overselling.

let me know if u get any updates. I think this is the last chance to be scheduled for a 2021 this week.

UBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lariat
@Moy Yeah - I have a February 27th order through EastCourt on the same deal that is still unscheduled. I called the other day to finally get confirmation that it wouldn't be built this year as a '21 and figure out what the options were. I was told it will more than likely be rolled over to a '22 with the same pricing. They also told me I would get it in February or early March....which seems laughable given that they told me my '21 would be there by the end of April this year.

According to the sales manager I am 'very lucky' since I am getting a '22 for the '21 pricing.....smh.

The whole thing is beyond frustrating

Sponsored

Raoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I also ordered from East Court mid March however I’m buying my XLT. Spoke to my sales guy a couple of weeks ago and was told my priority code had been dropped to 10 from 19 and that I should expect the truck sometime in November and if not I would get a 22 for the same price and to then expect that for Feb-March 2022. Looks like it’ll be a 22 for me as ford performance chat tells me my truck is still unscheduled clean.

Also in a bit of an odd situation as I’ve extended my lease 7 months now and ford credit tells me I can extend my lease for up to one year max. I don’t really want to buy the Ford Edge I’m currently driving.

OP
OP

Moy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am very happy to hear the dealers saying they will honor the pricing if the orders are rolled to next year.

I was going to wait until Q4 2022 to buy a truck because my mortgage would be paid off. The low cost of this deal is what got me looking over a year early. Hopefully we see the numbers from the deal we signed.

minirx7

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat Sport 502A Screw Max Tow 3.5L
I ordered mine from East Court on Jan 3rd. I got my truck July 29th.. 7 months.

I have the Lariat 502a Screw (the same $99/week deal) but then i added 3.5L Eco, max tow (which caused delay), 360 camera and pro power. I almost cancelled my order but East court did keep me in the loop.

I am not sure if i can blame the dealer. When I ordered, it wasnt a chip shortage issue until later. I waited almsot 5 months for my Tesla (just picked it up last friday).

AMB_Tremor

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tremor
ordered back in June...already told mine is getting rolled into a 2022 with same pricing.

OP
OP

Moy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is a thread about this on the RedFlagDeals forum. I don't know any of the posters and I can't vouch for the info but this was posted by someone who supposedly works at a GTA dealership:

[Ford] 2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A - <$95/Week Lease - Page 187 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

"Tanooki wrote: So I'll post this but keep in mind Ford could always change things around so this isn't 100% guaranteed.

If your order was placed before May 1st you get an additional $1000

If your order was placed before June 14th you get put into Job 1

If your order was placed between June 15th and September 30th you get put into Job 2

If your order is not serialized by Sept 30th you get converted into a 2022 order and receive an additional $750

The bonus rebates should be customer claimed which means you will sign a sheet upon delivery saying you've received it.

On a side note, the 2022 Model will now have wireless charging pad standard on 502a. Also there will be no Lead Foot, Velocity Blue, Kodiak Brown, and Guard Metallic colours available. Atlas Blue will be added. "

Sponsored

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 2013 Subaru BRZ
The main lynchpin to those super cheap f150 leases in Canada was stupid residual % on the lariat 2.7 and a loophole for the 2.7 lariat that was unequivocally closed as of April. Yes they may honour the rebate structure, but they won’t be giving the residual % that they were using to lure everyone in.

I’m in the auto industry and promptly ditched my delayed factory order and took something on ground nearby at the end of March to avoid it. They may have grandfathered for a month or two afterwards, but residual % are not held indefinitely.

a lariat 502a will lease out at $700/mth on average with proper residuals now

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
The main lynchpin to those super cheap f150 leases in Canada was stupid residual % on the lariat 2.7 and a loophole for the 2.7 lariat that was unequivocally closed as of April. Yes they may honour the rebate structure, but they won’t be giving the residual % that they were using to lure everyone in.

I’m in the auto industry and promptly ditched my delayed factory order and took something on ground nearby at the end of March to avoid it. They may have grandfathered for a month or two afterwards, but residual % are not held indefinitely.

a lariat 502a will lease out at $700/mth on average with proper residuals now
they will honor the residual. Especially if it’s. 2022.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
they will honor the residual. Especially if it’s. 2022.
Residual is guaranteed future value, there is no way they will honor the inflated (and false) residuals they were using during that Lariat loophole sale. Dealers were double residualizing certain options/packaging configs to get laughably low lease payments. The door was shut in April of this year.

Most leasing companies adjust their residuals every 90 days or so and will only hold them for a fixed period of time afterwards. For example, if you bought a truck today and the residuals changed tomorrow, you would still get todays residuals as long as you take delivery of the new vehicle within 45 days (depending on the leasing company)

Programs (interest rates) and rebate money are different, they could technically be held over indefinitely depending on the manufacturer and how they want to handle it, but no one is guaranteeing future value indefinitely.

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professor
Residual is guaranteed future value, there is no way they will honor the inflated (and false) residuals they were using during that Lariat loophole sale. Dealers were double residualizing certain options/packaging configs to get laughably low lease payments. The door was shut in April of this year.

Most leasing companies adjust their residuals every 90 days or so and will only hold them for a fixed period of time afterwards. For example, if you bought a truck today and the residuals changed tomorrow, you would still get todays residuals as long as you take delivery of the new vehicle within 45 days (depending on the leasing company)

Programs (interest rates) and rebate money are different, they could technically be held over indefinitely depending on the manufacturer and how they want to handle it, but no one is guaranteeing future value indefinitely.
your first paragraph says no way they will honor it. Your 3rd says they might.

it’s only 64 percent over 2 years. It’s not crazy high. I’ve seen much higher.

I have a deal signed for $100 a week. ill be driving a truck for $100 a week.

Dixie

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
your first paragraph says no way they will honor it. Your 3rd says they might.

it’s only 64 percent over 2 years. It’s not crazy high. I’ve seen much higher.

I have a deal signed for $100 a week. ill be driving a truck for $100 a week.
my 3rd paragraph means rates/rebates can be held over, not residual %. They are separate.

if you show me a Canadian lease agreement that’s signed/dated recently for $100 week (2000$ down like the ad said, lariat 502a 2.7, no trade) that’s paired with an order from March, I’ll give you $100.

edit: I just wanted to add that I don’t mean that arrogantly. I genuinely hope you get what you were promised and I have to put my money where my mouth is ?
Sponsored

Last edited: