Sponsored

How long from ordering (in Jan 2021) until a VIN is created?

MikeOnTheMove

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
Just got the update from my dealer. My truck is showing a 2/19 build date. We'll see if that holds up. If it does then looks possible I'll get it in California in late March. Hopefully coincide with Ford Truck Month and some better incentives. if we get any this year.
My build date was the week of 2/1/21. Status screen's 'scheduled for production' was recently updated to show a date of 2/5/21. Waiting on status to show built. Status screen now shows
Welcome!
Your 2021 F-150 XLT is estimated to be delivered to Penske Ford. in 31 days.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
My build date was the week of 2/1/21. Status screen's 'scheduled for production' was recently updated to show a date of 2/5/21. Waiting on status to show built. Status screen now shows
Welcome!
Your 2021 F-150 XLT is estimated to be delivered to Penske Ford. in 31 days.
Crazy, 31 days to San Diego! Definitely looking at late March then for mine. Did you check the shipper website? Forget the link, but its on the forums here. You can sometimes get a better idea of actual ship times from it I've seen though.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Ordered 1/11/21, received VIN on 2/2/21 (21 days).

Last edited:

charliecbp

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Limited PowerBoost
Just got the update from my dealer. My truck is showing a 2/19 build date. We'll see if that holds up. If it does then looks possible I'll get it in California in late March. Hopefully coincide with Ford Truck Month and some better incentives. if we get any this year.
have you gotten a window sticker or update on one of the VIN trackers?

Sponsored

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
have you gotten a window sticker or update on one of the VIN trackers?
Not yet, still "In Order Processing" on the trackers and no sticker yet. Seems like the stickers show up around 2-4 days before your build and near that time the trackers update to show that the build process has started. Think you also get a guesstimate to arrival date around that time. So maybe sometime the beginning of next week things start showing up unless they get delayed.

MikeOnTheMove

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Supercrew
Occupation
Retired
Showing built! Changes shown today -
  • Checkmark and date added to Built column status.
  • Date added to shipped.
    • Looks as though it's going to take 18 days to get my built truck on the train.
  • No change in date of Est. Delivery
Ford F-150 How long from ordering (in Jan 2021) until a VIN is created? Built

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Not yet, still "In Order Processing" on the trackers and no sticker yet. Seems like the stickers show up around 2-4 days before your build and near that time the trackers update to show that the build process has started. Think you also get a guesstimate to arrival date around that time. So maybe sometime the beginning of next week things start showing up unless they get delayed.
Ford F-150 How long from ordering (in Jan 2021) until a VIN is created? 1613245403019

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ordered 12/9/2020... dealer claimed he got a VIN yesterday (2/13/2021) and said he would send it over today... still waiting. After a couple of conversations about poor dealership communication, it's absolutely baffling that he didn't just send it right over when he got it, but fingers crossed. 66 days if he actually has the VIN...

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Ordered 12/9/2020... dealer claimed he got a VIN yesterday (2/13/2021) and said he would send it over today... still waiting. After a couple of conversations about poor dealership communication, it's absolutely baffling that he didn't just send it right over when he got it, but fingers crossed. 66 days if he actually has the VIN...
Its a cut copy and paste from their system, shouldn't be that difficult to provide it to you. The problem is your not money today, your future money and they care far less about what your going to make them in a month then people who are making them money today.
Sponsored