Sponsored

TMPS

Kxz_rr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I have a recurring message saying my TPM system has a fault. After months without problems, including swapping summer to winter and back to summer tires, on two wheel sets each with Ford sensors. A few weeks ago, I got the fault message. It persisted for a few days with multiple starts, then a week later went away. Yesterday, after driving for about 30 minutes it came on again. Just now, I used the Ford Pass app and it shows two identical TPMS alerts. And on my laptop I see this. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Most likely a low battery in one. Most tire shops can read battery power level. Had that a couple of times over the years. You should be able to see which one is acting up on your IPC.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a recurring message saying my TPM system has a fault. After months without problems, including swapping summer to winter and back to summer tires, on two wheel sets each with Ford sensors. A few weeks ago, I got the fault message. It persisted for a few days with multiple starts, then a week later went away. Yesterday, after driving for about 30 minutes it came on again. Just now, I used the Ford Pass app and it shows two identical TPMS alerts. And on my laptop I see this. Any ideas?
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this TPM concern on my end?

UNCGrad

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 AMB Platinum 3.5 Ecoboost 6.5 bed
I have had this issue for over 6 months. The dealership replaced the 2 that were giving off the faults but it happened again rather quickly. The dealership told me that it was a known issue but there was no solution at this point. Now every time I get one, I check and make sure that it is not reporting and not just low. It resets itself and then it happened again.

Tnker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 f-150
There is a TSB relating to TPMS faults if the sensors themselves aren't the issue. I have the same problem but haven't really paid too much attention to it yet.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10239475-0001.pdf
I performed this fix myself and haven’t had a single TPMS issue since. Before that it was every drive after 20 minutes.

short term fix is to turn off your inverter when you get in the truck
Sponsored