Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
10 days and less than 700 miles in, and my truck overheated and spewed coolant everywhere from somewhere low in the engine bay. Here’s my Saturday evening...

Ford F-150 Ten days in, broken down... 7925EEC8-4FEC-44A0-9EE6-7EEC9B916711

Ford F-150 Ten days in, broken down... 16E489F7-2C12-476F-AFB5-975C4AF8B80F
Sponsored

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
So sorry to hear that man. Did it just happen out of nowhere??

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
So sorry to hear that man. Did it just happen out of nowhere??
Totally out of nowhere. The tow driver did say that he sees the least amount of Fords on his truck, vs all other brands, so that’s comforting. I’m relatively certain it’s a coolant clamp, but we’ll see! Not excited about it, but I’ll give Ford a chance to fix it.
On to the good stuff: I called my salesman, who called the service manager who called me and offered to pick me up. Neither were working today, and the service manager was at the dump with his daughter and was going to pick me up on his day off. Unreal. He mentioned that the 3.5 EB is very reliable and he thought it would be a diesel when he first got the call...
@Eric i hope this is the last issue either one of us has!

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
Turns out it was a coolant line to the transmission that was rubbed through by the front driveline. It’s a formed rubber coolant line, that was installed, for lack of a better term, upside down. Meaning the bends were in the wrong place which led to the issue... hopefully fixed by Friday. We’ll see!

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Turns out it was a coolant line to the transmission that was rubbed through by the front driveline. It’s a formed rubber coolant line, that was installed, for lack of a better term, upside down. Meaning the bends were in the wrong place which led to the issue... hopefully fixed by Friday. We’ll see!
WOW! Mistakes can happen for sure but something like this from the assembly line? WTH?

Good to see you apparently have a great dealership to take care of you.

Sponsored

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
WOW! Mistakes can happen for sure but something like this from the assembly line? WTH?

Good to see you apparently have a great dealership to take care of you.
My dealership is fricking amazing. Truly. I chatted with the service manager again when I picked up a loaner truck, and chatted with the other folks in service. Every one of them said they were embarrassed by what happened on Ford's behalf, but they're working on getting the truck right. They mentioned that it was worse since I come from Toyotas, but that the 3.5 EB is supposed to be an awesome, mostly trouble-free engine. The manager mentioned that Ford is able to drill down to the exact person who mis-installed the hose, so hopefully someone gets that person doing their job properly.
Ford's estimate was for 4/26 as a receipt date at the dealership for the new hose. I chatted with service yesterday (snapped cupholder tensioner), and the part shipped early (yesterday, Wednesday), and may arrive today (Thursday). So they think I may pick up my truck tomorrow (Friday).
In case you're wondering, the dealership is Corning Ford in CA, and I'd buy from them again in a HEARTBEAT. Hopefully the truck stays mostly trouble-free since this little mishap. It's comforting that my salesman, my finance guy, and ALL of the service advisors I talked to drive Ford trucks (mostly f-150's).
Thanks for the concern, guys!

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
Welp. The part still hasn't arrived, and there's some confusion on if the part shipped originally last week. Either way, my truck is still not available to me to drive. My second line-x appointment just got cancelled (was for tomorrow), so we'll see if I even get it before this weekend. I'm on day 11 of no truck. Bummer.

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
Just picked up the truck. Here’s to hoping this doesn’t happen again…

Ford F-150 Ten days in, broken down... 5F975384-5E49-485C-802D-4A566C8416DC

Ford F-150 Ten days in, broken down... F0CABC61-DE20-44A8-89DD-D03F57408E38

OP
OP
aika1

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Occupation
sales idiot
From the underside. I think the weight on the driveline is what smoked the hose.

Ford F-150 Ten days in, broken down... 90C4AF75-CEE3-48A0-A82D-4D896D1C9815
Sponsored