Sponsored

Temperature readout showing in HVAC control knobs for 2023 F-150?

ShadowFox

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
USAF
How'd the install go?
Honestly really straightforward, be firm with the trim but not too rough, don’t drop any screws into the abyss like I did, make sure to save your HVAC as-built data from your stock unit before you start, and if you’re installing all the other lights, the usb-c cable in the media bin is a PITA to release and I broke the retaining clip but it should still be fine. Would recommend if you want to spruce up the interior like it should have been from the start.

After everything I’m really disappointed that ford removed the lights and digital display. I’m not a logistics guy but holding the parts in my hand it just felt like a cost saving measure vs availability.
Sponsored

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L EB Platinum w/BAP
Occupation
Info Tech
I plan to swap out my HVAC controls and have the HSW button but I don't know if I'll actually ever spend the money on the actual steering wheel.

I'm not certain which part number to get but the ones I have seen are are stupid expensive right now. I'd even settle for the HVAC w/o the HSW button and forget about swapping out the wheel. All the parts jumped up in price this year.

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
So, you are saying I could swap this from my 2021 to my 2022 and my 2022 to my 2021 and just make ForScan changes? :)

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
Forscan Question:
I've made some minor changes to things but I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.
I swapped out my HVAC for one I purchased off a forum member. I installed it and the temp readouts worked immediately. I'm assuming I still need to program it to my vehicle. I have not hooked up the laptop yet, as something came up that needed my attn.

What's the process for programming the module for my truck? I want to make sure I don't screw something up.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Forscan Question:
I've made some minor changes to things but I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.
I swapped out my HVAC for one I purchased off a forum member. I installed it and the temp readouts worked immediately. I'm assuming I still need to program it to my vehicle. I have not hooked up the laptop yet, as something came up that needed my attn.

What's the process for programming the module for my truck? I want to make sure I don't screw something up.
Did you use forscan to pull the as build values from the old module before you pulled it out?

If you did, you just need to write those values into the new module to program it.

If you didn't pull the as built values first, you can grab the copy from Ford. Via this URL. Put in your VIN.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Sponsored

Los150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Info Tech
Did you use forscan to pull the as build values from the old module before you pulled it out?

If you did, you just need to write those values into the new module to program it.

If you didn't pull the as built values first, you can grab the copy from Ford. Via this URL. Put in your VIN.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

OK. I backed up the most popular modules. So just load that and write it?
Seems too easy and like there should be a catch to it. LOL

Anor4k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
That easy. No changes to any values, just adding back the values that were there before the swap.
Sponsored