• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Teaser image for Silverado EV

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Yes, spinning the fan takes energy, that has to come from somewhere. If you want to generate power from that spinning, that is just a motor in reverse so it adds to the resistance. 2nd law says you always get less out than you put in.
Ok, what if the driver rubs a helium balloon on their head while they drive, and wears a type of hat that connects to the battery?

Can we at least agree on this one?
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Somehow, I don't see all those 8' service beds being transferred over to the Lightning's only configuration. There had to be more than a few in the audience asking about that. I rarely see crew cab fleet trucks and when I do, they're 8' bed Superduty or Chevy HDs. The only F-150s I see are all regular cab, usually pest control or pool service trucks, sometimes plumbing or HVAC (but they normally have vans). The former are nearly always HDPP with the slide in fiberglass service bodies. Sometimes even with refrigerator units on florist trucks. The only time I see dudes traveling in 4-doors is when they're supervisors, administrators or salesmen. Nine times out of ten, they're in sedans. Either way, nearly 90% of any half-ton fleet trucks, they're regular cabs. Did Ford address this at all?
I would assume that Ford knows enough about their fleet customer to know what type of configuration they want. Ford also knows the volume of current fleet sales and the percentage of lightning production that they want to allocate to fleet sales.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I would assume that Ford knows enough about their fleet customer to know what type of configuration they want. Ford also knows the volume of current fleet sales and the percentage of lightning production that they want to allocate to fleet sales.

The presenter was asked this and he responded that their surveys showed by a wide margin the take rate largest on the 4 door cab. Ford went with the most popular config, according to him.

He said at present there were no plans for other f150 configurations...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
The presenter was asked this and he responded that their surveys showed by a wide margin the take rate largest on the 4 door cab. Ford went with the most popular config, according to him.

He said at present there were no plans for other f150 configurations...
I get both of you gentlemens point(s)

And in fact we recently purchased a fleet Powerboost and had no qualms with the limited (almost zero) options available to us. (pic below) Killer truck, by the way. Not the same XL of yesteryear!

But I guarantee you that there are city municipalities and corporate fleet purchasers that would prefer a different configuration if it was available. There's a reason that the large percentage of single cab and even extended cab trucks are white. And I don't mean Platinum tricoat white. ????

Ford F-150 Lightning Teaser image for Silverado EV 20210813_135714

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I would assume that Ford knows...
They know, but are they telling? Ford also likely knows that they can get away with offering a single configuration to certain buyers willing to test the waters with a 100% electric truck on what is going to be a limited availability and very high demand vehicle. I would guess that most 2022s aren't going to be going to actually driven by workers in the field but executives and foremen for tasks that otherwise would be accomplished with SUVs and sedans.

The presenter was asked this and he responded that their surveys showed...
I wonder if these were the same people surveyed that didn't want the generator in their hybrid Tundra? :p

I also wonder if he was just throwing in non-fleet sales with the wide margin 'take-rate,' because at both the dealerships that specialize in fleet trucks and the utilities and municipalities that buy them, the regular cab long bed trucks are the overwhelming majority. This is both for practical reasons, like lower cost, increased space and payload as well as social engineering purposes; for example, to discourage using the trucks for personal purposes, or sleeping on the job and banging hookers in the back seats. The latter reasons being the main purpose of the backseat delete options in the mid-size trucks that are only offered now in extended cab versions.

Right off the top of my head, the absolute perfect job for Lightning would be the flatbed trucks going 2MPH while a worker places traffic cones from the back, since right off idle is where some of the absolute worst MPG happens, meanwhile even the SR Lightning could likely do that all day!

If the BEV trucks look like they will start to displace the current ICE offerings, Ford might start offering additional configurations, maybe even more range options and possibly RWD only, though possibly, just like the fleet Lightning Pro, they may limit those other options.

It's too bad nobody took the presenter to task and I know he's only allowed to share certain information but I strongly feel that they're trying to foist the Lightning in its current form on people who otherwise would want a different configuration by misleading them. Especially if saying that Ford might consider a regular cab in the future would mean lost sales today.

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
You win the internet today!
The truth is, we all lose when corporate statements hide behind bullshit. The Toyota one is so beyond out-of-touch that I can't get over it though. It also wasn't just some off the cuff statement to immediately regret the wording of, it's like they actually thought it out and were proud of their answers.

They basically said, if you want a truck to work with buy a Ford and that Toyota owners are so miserly, that they should just go buy a generator if they want one.

Ughhh...

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
old picture from their Q1 presentation. We don't even know for sure if that's the e-Silverado behind the guy who looks like he's deciding whether or not to trust a fart he's about to release.

Considering how mediocre the new ICE Silverados are, I'm not holding my breath for anything amazing from the electric one.

I will say I appreciate the new infotainment upgrades on the GM/Chevy trucks. Ford still using Sync on the Lighting is somewhat disappointing.
Sponsored