SYNC 4 Screen Frozen, Then Went Black

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Just got back from a 15 hour drive from South FL, while bouncing along I20 in Jackson, MS (you know what I mean if you've ever driven through there), I got a text message and noticed there was no indicator on the CarPlay screen, so I touched the messages icon and nothing happen, then I tried switching to they SYNC Audio, maps, settings, and then the screen just went blank. I took the next exit, turned off the truck, opened the door, restarted, nothing. I stopped in about 15 minutes later and grabbed lunch, dining room was closed so ate it in the truck with the truck off. Called the number through the Ford App, and the person told me to turn off the truck, open the door, take the key out of it, locked it, unlock it and get in and start it up. But first she told me to start it, which I did and the Ford logo came on it and everything was there,

Just thought I would share this, of course I googled it after getting home and found a youtube video for resetting SYNC 3, but don't know if that will work the same with 4? Anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

ProperCrab

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Single Cab 4x4, 2022 Crew Cab 2WD
Occupation
Commercial Project Estimator
Just hit the power button and then back on, it happened to me a few times. Usually when I change from Spotify and Apple music.

OP
OP
nsbreeding

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Yes, I tried that, I also tried pulling over and turning the truck off and turning it back on, none of that worked it seems that one out of the truck off for an extended amount of time like 10 minutes while I was eating, that fixed it it
Sponsored