Sponsored

Wheel Well Liners Delaying Production

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
So, I keep reading that Wheel Well Liners are delaying trucks being scheduled for Production. I have those selected as an option however my truck shows clean and unscheduled. The only option my dealer advised against removing was Bed Liner which I did.

The questions I have are:
1) Has anyone who recently removed the Wheel Well liners been scheduled shortly after?
2) Has anyone recently took delivery or been scheduled for Production that had Wheel Well Liners as an option?

The I know I can easily remove the option and install them myself which I’ve done on my previous two trucks but wanted to do some further research first.

Thanks for any comments.
Sponsored

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
So, I keep reading that Wheel Well Liners are delaying trucks being scheduled for Production. I have those selected as an option however my truck shows clean and unscheduled. The only option my dealer advised against removing was Bed Liner which I did.

The questions I have are:
1) Has anyone who recently removed the Wheel Well liners been scheduled shortly after?
2) Has anyone recently took delivery or been scheduled for Production that had Wheel Well Liners as an option?

The I know I can easily remove the option and install them myself which I’ve done on my previous two trucks but wanted to do some further research first.

Thanks for any comments.
Got mine delivered a couple months ago and the liners (among other things) set my delivery to a total wait time of seven months order to my driveway

I did not remove anything that I ordered

not sure if that helps but it’s my one data point!

OP
OP
Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Got mine delivered a couple months ago and the liners (among other things) set my delivery to a total wait time of seven months order to my driveway

I did not remove anything that I ordered

not sure if that helps but it’s my one data point!
Thanks, I appreciate it. I’m close to 3 months since I ordered so not too bad yet but will definitely be at least 6 months from order to delivery.

tony72cutlass's'

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 Cutlass, '21 F-150 XLT SCAB
If I can recommend anything it’s get exactly what you want because either way the wait times seem crazy!

Wvmtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I removed wheel well liners on April 8th, and got scheduled on April 14th. I placed my order on March 12th for a 501a powerboost.

My dealer will install the liners after delivery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
I removed wheel well liners on April 8th, and got scheduled on April 14th. I placed my order on March 12th for a 501a powerboost.

My dealer will install the liners after delivery.
Thanks! Was that the only item you removed?

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
I'd remove the steering wheel if it would mean getting scheduled...

Orderder 12/24....crickets. Lariat SCREW PB 502a

64Wing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Fusion Titanium, 2022 F150 SCREW Lariat 502a
Occupation
Aviation
I ordered a Lariat 502a 3.5 on Feb 7 without bed liner but with well liners. Had the wheel well liners removed on Apr 7. My order was not scheduled last week. Still waiting

OP
OP
Tobstertx3

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Appreciate the responses.

I removed the Wheel Well Liners today so I guess time will tell if it helped get my truck scheduled.

Sponsored

Anseld1986

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Explorer, 18 Expedition, 22 F150 KR Powerboost
My dealer emailed me on the morning of 4/14 saying he had removed the wheel well liners and active park assist from my build as per my request. I got an email about 1.5 hours later saying my truck had been scheduled.

wolfman1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502A
I ordered on 1/2/22 and there was no movement until last week when I was told I had to remove Active Park Assist 2.0 or I wouldn't get my truck this year. Based on this thread I asked Granger to remove my wheel well liners as well to see if that will get me scheduled.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
I removed my wheel well liners and active park before the last scheduling Thursday and did not get scheduled.

I was told by a local ford dealer that they're getting them in when they order them relatively quickly, so I don't think they're holding things up.

Teague

First Name
Teague
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Powerboost on order
Occupation
Construction
I just received my truck without the liners. They’ll be shipped to the dealer once available and the dealer will install them.
Sponsored