First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
I'm getting a regular cab 2024 XL that doesn't come with the 400 watt inverter and am looking for ideas to add it when it gets here. I would like to have a plug in the dash and one in the bed simular to the factory ones on the higher trims. BUT since it would be a completely new system I would rather have a more usable power than the 400 watt system Ford uses. Nothing over 2,000 watts probably as I want to be able to run a C-Pap and a small fridge in a pinch. NOT power a house or welder lolol!
There's not a lot of room in a single cab but I'm willing to give up the space for the convenience of having 110. I used to dream of dual battery's and alternators in previous trucks but truly don't need it. I seen a reference to a dual alternator in a loaded 2021 with a snow plow prep package but as far as I know Ford never offered a dual battery setup (under the hood) for the newer F-150's..I was hoping the 2024 regular cab XL might get the 400 watt and dash plug standard this year but I'm fairly sure it is only in the XLT and higher trims in extended cabs.
Any ideas and thoughts especially to avoid problems with the advanced electronic technology and systems I might have to consider is much appreciated!
Sponsored