Snapped CV Axle Nut Location

Brock_smith41

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Fairly self explanatory picture. I’m an idiot. Made the mistake of using an impact to get the CV axle nut “close to torque spec” and here we are. Will I need to replace the entire CV axle or can I order the exact part the nut goes on and take the CV axle apart to replace that? Fairly new to actually doing things myself on the truck. Got an Icon 2.5 kit installed and this was my only problem. But of course it’s a big “can’t drive the truck” problem.
Ford F-150 Snapped CV Axle Nut Location BF323AD1-2396-4084-9311-BA361A41E766
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Fairly self explanatory picture. I’m an idiot. Made the mistake of using an impact to get the CV axle nut “close to torque spec” and here we are. Will I need to replace the entire CV axle or can I order the exact part the nut goes on and take the CV axle apart to replace that? Fairly new to actually doing things myself on the truck. Got an Icon 2.5 kit installed and this was my only problem. But of course it’s a big “can’t drive the truck” problem.
BF323AD1-2396-4084-9311-BA361A41E766.jpeg
oof, the torque on that guy is 40ftlbs I believe.

Check parts.ford.com using your vin, or call the dealer.

Here's the parts -- the half shafts are 1 part. Only the boots and boot clamps are replaceable.
Ford F-150 Snapped CV Axle Nut Location 1680821981914

Last edited:
OP
OP

Brock_smith41

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
oof, the torque on that guy is 40ftlbs I believe.

Check parts.ford.com using your vin, or call the dealer.

Here's the parts -- the half shafts are 1 part. Only the boots and boot clamps are replaceable.
1680821981914.png
It’s 30ftlbs :) what I get for getting in a hurry on things I should take my time on. Thanks for that! I was about to order an entire CV Axle. This is much better. I work at a Ford dealership so I’ll show this to the parts guy tomorrow. Thanks again!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
It’s 30ftlbs :) what I get for getting in a hurry on things I should take my time on. Thanks for that! I was about to order an entire CV Axle. This is much better. I work at a Ford dealership so I’ll show this to the parts guy tomorrow. Thanks again!
Sucks -- supposedly the tremor half-shafts are pretty much the same price and direct replacements. They contain a beefier part from the raptor's while still being drop-in. You've got a great reason to at least put one in ;).

Well per that parts diagram, it is the entire half-shaft you replace. The boots are replaceable because they can get damaged. You've actually damaged a part that's only part of the entire assembly. Your options are the boots and their clamps, or the entire thing. Shows up ~$200 on ford's site. For the passenger side there's a little axle inside of the housing but you don't need to replace that if it's the passenger side (you didn't specify).

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-3429-F150

These are the tremors but resemble the same thing..
Ford F-150 Snapped CV Axle Nut Location 1680829028545

Installation instructions
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/docs/M-3429-F150.pdf
Sponsored