First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
Has anyone determined the load threshold required for the truck to sense a trailer being connected? There was some discussion of that a few pages back.

The likelihood of finding an hitch-mounted brake light with incandescent bulbs is pretty low. They're all LED.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Any updates on whether this has come OTA or does it still require FDRS?
Not seen any posts of these updates coming OTA yet. I expected to see them by now but we are on Ford time.

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Has anyone determined the load threshold required for the truck to sense a trailer being connected? There was some discussion of that a few pages back.

The likelihood of finding an hitch-mounted brake light with incandescent bulbs is pretty low. They're all LED.
I’m not sure of the load threshold but I got the turn signal cams to work with the Tow Ready adapter. Unfortunately, even though you select the no trailer attached option you still lose some features like cross traffic alert and BLIS.

Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
I can press the camera button and the side mirrors are there at speed
But only auto with trailer plugged in
If it helps

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
I’m not sure of the load threshold but I got the turn signal cams to work with the Tow Ready adapter. Unfortunately, even though you select the no trailer attached option you still lose some features like cross traffic alert and BLIS.
Thanks for the information. What is a tow-ready adapter? I didn't think about those particular features but it makes sense to me that they'd be disabled. The cross-traffic alert, at least. I'd think BLIS would still be functional, though not reliable is the focus shifted farther back in consideration if a trailer.

ProHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Thanks for the information. What is a tow-ready adapter? I didn't think about those particular features but it makes sense to me that they'd be disabled. The cross-traffic alert, at least. I'd think BLIS would still be functional, though not reliable is the focus shifted farther back in consideration if a trailer.
It’s an adapter to help the truck recognize the LED lights from a trailer. I believe last gen trucks were having this issue. You can get BLIS to work by creating a trailer profile. Just create the smallest and lightest trailer with the adapter and it’ll work again. Below is the adapter I have.
Ford F-150 Side cameras on with turn signal IMG_6825

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
It’s an adapter to help the truck recognize the LED lights from a trailer. I believe last gen trucks were having this issue. You can get BLIS to work by creating a trailer profile. Just create the smallest and lightest trailer with the adapter and it’ll work again. Below is the adapter I have.
There are more reviews of it on Amazon that refer to tricking their turn cameras than to its design purpose of enabling trailers with LED tail lights.

I'll see if I can get information from Ford regarding what other systems are disabled when a trailer is connected. That may be in the owners manual, but that's a lot to search through.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I'll see if I can get information from Ford regarding what other systems are disabled when a trailer is connected. That may be in the owners manual, but that's a lot to search through.
You'll find more info on forums than from Ford including how to bypass what is disabled if it can be bypassed.

Sponsored

c1823a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat
When applying the changes through Forscan

This line was able to be saved without issues
APIM 7D0-02-03 xxxx x8xx xx--

I get an error message "Service procedure has been interrupted" when trying to save this line
IPMA 706-01-02 3xxx xxxx xx

I attempted multiple times and also turned the truck off and back on and reconnected. Everything I tried, produced the same results with the error.
*Edit: I updated to the latest version of Forscan (2.3.57) and also switched from using my OBDLink MX+ (Bluetooth) to my ODBLink EX (USB) and got the same results.

1702564120911.jpeg

Any thoughts on why the truck might not like that 2nd line being adjusted?

Thanks in advance!

Same for me. Did you get this working?