Side cameras on with turn signal

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Anybody in the NJ / Philly area have FDRS and want to help me out by hooking me up with an IPMA update? :) Ford made two modifications to cameras while in service for the last 2 weeks and didn't update the module for some reason.. hoping someone on here is in the area and would be willing to help me out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
I just got my truck back from service, where the had some software updates.. Is there anyone on here with access that could see if they updated my IPMA so I can enable this? I don't see why they wouldn't have just updated everything, but you never know..
The IPMA update is a long one. Took over 2 hours to complete. It updates multiple modules.

bcb97

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Expedition
SO just to recap, I can only get this feature if I update IPMA via FDRS? It's not just a FORScan change at this point, correct?

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
SO just to recap, I can only get this feature if I update IPMA via FDRS? It's not just a FORScan change at this point, correct?
When Ford feels like it the IPMA update should come out OTA. It could be this month, it could be three months. No one knows when Ford will do what Ford does.
Then, after you get the update, you can use Forscan to enable it.

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Correct

Sponsored

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
When Ford feels like it the IPMA update should come out OTA. It could be this month, it could be three months. No one knows when Ford will do what Ford does.
Then, after you get the update, you can use Forscan to enable it.
Is IPMA part of OTA updates? I figured since it's such a big update that seems to take forever, they wouldn't trust it OTA.

I believe I found a chart once that called out which modules had OTA updates, but I can't seem to find it again.

Last edited:

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
Perhaps you were referring to this: (???)

https://tonesto7.github.io/ford-pwr-up-info/
I actually found it right after posting and was going to delete my post right as you responded. It's on the front page of Livnitup's spreadsheet doc.. But i saved the link you sent, because that's really good info to have! My only question is, how can you be sure which version you're on, since it doesn't explicitly call it out in the truck.. atleast not in any screen i've seen.

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
how can you be sure which version you're on, since it doesn't explicitly call it out in the truck.. atleast not in any screen i've seen.
It will specify which update you've received in FordPass.

JDaleo

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch
It will specify which update you've received in FordPass.
Ah right! Looks like I got 6.4.0 yesterday.. which came out back in November. Also looks like there are quite a few version newer that rolled out, based on the link you sent.. Any way to "nudge" the truck to get those updates on my own?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ffdlt371

Ffdlt371

First Name
Erik Preteska
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Hybrid Platinum
Nope

FirstFord

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
Any way to "nudge" the truck to get those updates on my own?
There are many, many posts pondering the mysteries of the logic and/or parameters of the updates. The apparent randomness of how they go out is a topic that will likely never cease.

Kaboom

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Now works on my 2021 KR. Got all modules updated to try and fix radio rebooting. Perk is the turn cameras now work!