Seat issues

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
So for an update, the first dealership I took it to said that Ford wouldn’t cover it so took it to the other local dealer and they took care of it. Up to 19500 miles now and it seems to be holding up, for now at least.
Sponsored

Rockman5159

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford f150 FX4
Occupation
retired
It doesn't look like leather, but is there KR without leather?
Nonetheless, this should not happen with a 7K miles truck (I suspect it's Gen14, right? Otherwise it would probably not be in this forum).

@OP - what MY/how old is the truck? There is no Ford in your signature.
I think the seating and back surfaces are leather and the sides of the seats are vinyl

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
mine was clicking too, I brought it in for service and there's a TSB for that issue. they fixed it and now it's fine
Mine started the clicking this past weekend with about 8,000 miles on it. I took it to the dealer yesterday and have an appt. to have it fixed. He showed me the TSB. I was not very happy to see the fix. There is an axle towards the front seat pan and the fix is to cute 2 pieces of 1" heater hose to 1" long, slit it, then put over the axle and then put a worm clamp over each piece on the axle and tighten down on each side of the axle. Why not just use duct tape! Pretty poor fix on a $60K truck!

Here is the TSB

https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/21-2236

Last edited:

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
Over the past couple months I've noticed a couple issues with my driver seat. Sometimes when my weight shifts in a turn I hear & feel a click as if the seat is a bit loose. Also I've recently noticed the leather on the side of my seat has started peeling. King Ranch with ~7k miles, a 1/4 of which were put on in a couple days on the drive back to CA after I picked up the truck in TX.
Anyone else experience similar issues?
I have experienced the seat clicking issue in several Fords over the past 5-6 years. I started noticing it with our 2017 Escape. The best I can tell it has something to do with a change in the design of the front thigh support portion of their seats, or the power seat mechanism, but I can’t tell if the seat itself or the fabric clips are making the noise. I’ve experienced it with both cloth and “leather” seats. Interestingly, my 2022 F-150 does NOT do it (yet). It sounds (and feels) a tad like the way manual seats sometimes don’t quick click into place fully, and was very disconcerting the first time I noticed it.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Well, I had the TSB 21-2236 done to fix the seat movement and clicking. For cheap simple fix, it really made the seat solid. No more movement or clicking when accelerating.

Sponsored

2022xltrick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
I've had the same clicking experience. I will bring this up with the dealer as well.

Bob Violence

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 501A FX4 Powerboost
Experienced the seat clicking on mine as well at around 8,000 miles. I applied the TSB 21-2236 fix myself (took less than 30 mins for both front seats).

I do agree as mentioned previously that this is a "ghetto" fix from Ford, but it does seem to correct the issue.
Sponsored