Sponsored

Seat issues

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
But he said it was a King Ranch, unless I missed something.
He’s saying that even though the KR is leather seats, unless it’s a high end brand, the ENTIRE seat is not leather. Only the parts your butt and back touch. The bottom, and side bolsters are most likely vinyl.

Yes, this will happen if you slide in and out. But over years, not months.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Pv63

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I’ve felt the clicking in the seat a handful of times on sharp turns. I adjusted the seat position by a hair and seemed to stop.
It doesn't look like leather, but is there KR without leather?
Nonetheless, this should not happen with a 7K miles truck (I suspect it's Gen14, right? Otherwise it would probably not be in this forum).

@OP - what MY/how old is the truck? There is no Ford in your signature.
Over the past couple months I've noticed a couple issues with my driver seat. Sometimes when my weight shifts in a turn I hear & feel a click as if the seat is a bit loose. Also I've recently noticed the leather on the side of my seat has started peeling. King Ranch with ~7k miles, a 1/4 of which were put on in a couple days on the drive back to CA after I picked up the truck in TX.
Anyone else experience similar issues?
tempImageDJW7KH.jpg
I have a 2021 King Ranch with 9,ooo miles on it. I have not seen this type of wear yet on my truck.
I have had a similar problem on a Lexus I once owned but that didn't occur until I was close to 80,000 miles of wear.
I am trying to use leather conditioner on a routine basis on my King Ranch seats. I am hoping that will help avoid this problem.

Pv63

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2021 King Ranch with 9,ooo miles on it. I have not seen this type of wear yet on my truck.
I have had a similar problem on a Lexus I once owned but that didn't occur until I was close to 80,000 miles of wear.
I am trying to use leather conditioner on a routine basis on my King Ranch seats. I am hoping that will help avoid this problem.

BRDVPRA

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
Yep
Mine seems to be leather on the bottom part. You can see where it is folding when I get out, but by no means is it cracking like the picture above.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2023 Explorer ST
Not real leather on the sides. Our 2016 Expedition did the same thing, had a new drivers and passenger seat covers covered under warranty just prior to reaching our 36,000 miles. Had our 2019 Expedition for 2.5 years so far and the seats are not cracking like this yet.

I ordered my '21 as an XLT with plans to upgrade to Katskinz in a couple years for this reason.

Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Year the Explorer did it after about 75,000 miles, not 11,000. Will have to bring it up to dealer.
Ford F-150 Seat issues IMG_0309

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Over the past couple months I've noticed a couple issues with my driver seat. Sometimes when my weight shifts in a turn I hear & feel a click as if the seat is a bit loose. Also I've recently noticed the leather on the side of my seat has started peeling. King Ranch with ~7k miles, a 1/4 of which were put on in a couple days on the drive back to CA after I picked up the truck in TX.
Anyone else experience similar issues?
tempImageDJW7KH.jpg
Hello! Send us a private message with your truck’s VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with your driver's seat issue. Thanks!

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Hello! Send us a private message with your truck’s VIN and name & location of dealership. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with your driver's seat issue. Thanks!
Message sent. As suspected dealer claiming they can’t do anything. Pretty shitty to drop that kind of cash on a brand new truck only to be told sorry nothing we can do. Didn’t fix the rattle or the CarPlay or the intelligent cruise control issues either. My first experiences with ford after switching from years of GM is pretty piss poor.

• Angry
Reactions: sbi
OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Ford F-150 Seat issues CBF5EF97-BF9D-422C-BD2E-C73F91A2AAD3

And for comparison here’s my 2016 Toyota Highlander with ~70k miles on it.

JasonATL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
mine was clicking too, I brought it in for service and there's a TSB for that issue. they fixed it and now it's fine
happen to have the TSB number? Dealers around me are so backed up it takes over a week to even get in and I doubt they will find it. Don’t want to waste 2 trips and would rather provide the TSB upfront.

Sponsored

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
Message sent. As suspected dealer claiming they can’t do anything. Pretty shitty to drop that kind of cash on a brand new truck only to be told sorry nothing we can do. Didn’t fix the rattle or the CarPlay or the intelligent cruise control issues either. My first experiences with ford after switching from years of GM is pretty piss poor.
Escalate. Zero reason that wouldn’t be covered under the factory warranty.

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Luxury brands start at Audi, Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. I might lump in Lincoln and Cadillac in there too. And the lower trimmed Audis are not luxury cars either. You have to go to the flagship models like the A8 to hit true luxury where they use grain matched leather for the entire cabin, for example. Lower spec’s A4s also have leather seating surfaces and vinyl everywhere else.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, have nicer models or trim options, but they are not luxury cars. Even a “limited” f150 is not built to anywhere near the quality standards of a Lexus or German built BMW.
My 2009 Mazda6 Sport GT (top trim) with 180,000 miles and a black leather has no damage like this on the top or the sides. That car was $30,500 in October 2008 when I bought it.
This cracking in the first year is unacceptable and ought to be covered under warranty.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
happen to have the TSB number? Dealers around me are so backed up it takes over a week to even get in and I doubt they will find it. Don’t want to waste 2 trips and would rather provide the TSB upfront.
Sorry for the delayed response, dealers can be hard to get ahold of.

TSB 21-2236

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
I had been trying to set up a time for the oil change, sound pad recall and to get seat checked with my dealer. I was getting no where with emailing or calling. I could never get someone to call me back. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and set up a time for oil change and for the "recall guy" (only one person does recalls...) to look at it on 2/2. Service manger looked at seat, took some photos and said "Well its up to Ford to ok a warranty on it"

Seats are getting worse. It had finally gotten cold enough in NC to need my heavy barn coat. I guess it is tougher than the "leather" the seat are made from:

Ford F-150 Seat issues IMG_0374

Ford F-150 Seat issues IMG_0375

Ford F-150 Seat issues IMG_0376

The line is where all the color has been worn off the seat back rest. This has just happend in the pass 2-3 weeks. And on a truck with 13,000 miles. I don't think the truck will last for the full 80,000 mile warranty I paid for. The only thing keeping me from jumping back into a Ram is the 7.2kw genny..

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I've been having a miserable time getting anything that needs to be done to my truck completed, and now I've just noticed this:

Ford F-150 Seat issues PXL_20220821_212354983

While in a different location from what everyone else was showing on here, this feels like the same sort of thing. Mine however is not a KR, but a 502 Lariat.

I haven't been able to pull up a copy of the TSB mentioned here previously, does anyone happen to have a pdf of it they can direct me to so I can see if it applies? And if it does apply, has anyone had any luck in getting it fixed/replaced under warranty?

Either way, at less than 2 years old and under 32500 miles, I'm not impressed at all.
Sponsored