Sponsored

Seat issues

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Over the past couple months I've noticed a couple issues with my driver seat. Sometimes when my weight shifts in a turn I hear & feel a click as if the seat is a bit loose. Also I've recently noticed the leather on the side of my seat has started peeling. King Ranch with ~7k miles, a 1/4 of which were put on in a couple days on the drive back to CA after I picked up the truck in TX.
Anyone else experience similar issues?
Ford F-150 Seat issues tempImageDJW7KH
Sponsored

• Wow
Reactions: sbi

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Wow! I have a KR and this is concerning to me? Are you taking it to the dealer to see if it’s covered? I’d be interested in hearing their response.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 (perpetually on order)
Occupation
Drugs
The doesn’t look like leather to me. Appears to be Vinyl that is already splitting.

Do you slide in/out of the truck?

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Planning on taking it in this week, I’ll report back. I wouldn’t say I slide in and out. Just step out and in kind of.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Over the past couple months I've noticed a couple issues with my driver seat. Sometimes when my weight shifts in a turn I hear & feel a click as if the seat is a bit loose. Also I've recently noticed the leather on the side of my seat has started peeling. King Ranch with ~7k miles, a 1/4 of which were put on in a couple days on the drive back to CA after I picked up the truck in TX.
Anyone else experience similar issues?
tempImageDJW7KH.jpg
I’ve felt the clicking in the seat a handful of times on sharp turns. I adjusted the seat position by a hair and seemed to stop.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
The doesn’t look like leather to me. Appears to be Vinyl that is already splitting.

Do you slide in/out of the truck?
It doesn't look like leather, but is there KR without leather?
Nonetheless, this should not happen with a 7K miles truck (I suspect it's Gen14, right? Otherwise it would probably not be in this forum).

@OP - what MY/how old is the truck? There is no Ford in your signature.

OP
OP

texag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Silverado
Nonetheless, this should not happen with a 7K miles truck (I suspect it's Gen14, right? Otherwise it would probably not be in this forum).

2021, picked up back in early Sept

Reactions: sbi

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That's no good, sorry to hear it. KR would be my choice of luxury trim, mostly because the leather is supposed to be superior. Currently cloth seats here (XLT 302A), no issues yet.

Sponsored

mj1angier

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Power Boost
Just looked at my KR with same seats. It's happening to mine also, 11,000 miles.

Like most things, it has enough leather in the seat to be called a leather seat- the sides are vinyl

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs

Non-luxury brands, and even some luxury brands on their lower tier vehicles, only use leather seating surfaces and vinyl everywhere else.

Ford is definitely a non-luxury brand, and so I would assume they use vinyl everywhere they can.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Non-luxury brands, and even some luxury brands on their lower tier vehicles, only use leather seating surfaces and vinyl everywhere else.

Ford is definitely a non-luxury brand, and so I would assume they use vinyl everywhere they can.
But he said it was a King Ranch, unless I missed something.

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
2021, picked up back in early Sept
That's a lot of deterioration for a 3 month old vehicle. Imagine what it will look like in a couple of years.

SumGuy

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Drugs
But he said it was a King Ranch, unless I missed something.
Luxury brands start at Audi, Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. I might lump in Lincoln and Cadillac in there too. And the lower trimmed Audis are not luxury cars either. You have to go to the flagship models like the A8 to hit true luxury where they use grain matched leather for the entire cabin, for example. Lower spec’s A4s also have leather seating surfaces and vinyl everywhere else.

Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Toyota, have nicer models or trim options, but they are not luxury cars. Even a “limited” f150 is not built to anywhere near the quality standards of a Lexus or German built BMW.
Sponsored