• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reservation now that orders on Ford.com are closed?

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I had a reservation on Ford.com a while ago but ended up cancelling it. Now I'd like to re-reserve but now reservations are closed. Should I just signup and get on the list with my dealer directly? I know if will be a long wait I just want to be on a list.
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
I would think Ford will do the same as they did with the Mach-e and will just open up ordering on the website. I don't think they would do this until they start producing some trucks and things get into a flow. My guess would be maybe this fall, general orders will start for production sometime on 2023. But it could be later.

jfried

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Reserved, 2022 Platinum on Order
I would think Ford will do the same as they did with the Mach-e and will just open up ordering on the website. I don't think they would do this until they start producing some trucks and things get into a flow. My guess would be maybe this fall, general orders will start for production sometime on 2023. But it could be later.

The backlog with the Lightning is likely to be much longer than it was with the Mach E.

Ultimately, it depends on whether you're going to try and negotiate at all on the truck / be willing to pay an ADM.

If you're prepared to pay MSRP / pay a small markup, forsure put yourself on a list with dealers.

If you're the type of person who wants to get dealers to compete with each other, probably have to wait a while longer till Ford opens up ordering for non-reservation holders.

OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
The backlog with the Lightning is likely to be much longer than it was with the Mach E.

Ultimately, it depends on whether you're going to try and negotiate at all on the truck / be willing to pay an ADM.

If you're prepared to pay MSRP / pay a small markup, forsure put yourself on a list with dealers.

If you're the type of person who wants to get dealers to compete with each other, probably have to wait a while longer till Ford opens up ordering for non-reservation holders.
I would probably just reserve with Granger so not worried about ADM.

Sponsored

Royalist

First Name
Nabil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Land Rover Defender 90 S
Occupation
Student (Aviation Management and Operations) / Farm Manager
Yeah they stopped reservations at 200,000. You can't re-reserve, and won't be able to order without a reservation for probably a very long time. Your best bet is picking one up that a dealer ordered for themselves but very highly doubt that it will be plausible, and even if you did, get ready for a hefty markup. I'd sell you my reservation if Ford allowed it, I'm Priority 4 at my dealer. Might just end up selling the Lightning after I get it anyways, even up to a year later if there is language in the paperwork.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Your best bet is to get on the wait list with a dealership you like, in hopes that someone will refuse their Lightning when it comes in. Then the dealership will call people on that list to see if they're interested. And they will probably be charging some hefty premiums in most cases. You're more likely to score a Lightning that way from a larger dealership, but I know some already have some long lines or will query their Lightning reservation holders first if the primary party doesn't buy the truck.

Some dealerships may agree to sell one of their mannequins down the road. I know Ford is strongly urging them not to until demand is more caught up. Ford does not expect to fill all pre-orders until sometime in 2024. We don't know when they will re-open orders.

Granger is great. We just picked up our second vehicle from them. But I had to move my Lightning reservation from there to see if I can get one this year. They have only received a couple allocations so far and will have a mannequin coming in. That's really it. I have a very early reservation, but so did a ton of others who transferred theirs to Granger. So if I stay there, I probably wouldn't get until late '23 or into 2024 anyway.
Sponsored