Sponsored

Ranch Hand Summit full bumper on '22 Lariat FX4

kaspar139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat FX4
I recently added the Ranch Hand Summit full front-end replacement bumper (https://www.ranchhand.com/front-bumper-fsf21hbl1.html). First, I had one on my 2010 F150 King Ranch, and for where I hunt in Texas you need it for the deer, gates, brush, etc. It's absolutely a beast and a must out in the hill country. Second, IMO it looks fantastic.

With these 14th generations however, there is a downside. All of the electronics in the bumper do have an issue (adaptive cruise / pre-collision alert / sensors), and there is a guy on YouTube who figured out the way they mount the sensor had an issue, it's a long story, but he ended up working with Ranch Hand and they are fixing the sensor mounts and sending out to people to address.

Next thing to do is figure out where/how to mount lights on here. You can mount to the mesh grill (did that before), but might go with a light bar somehow.

I do have a 2.5" level up front, and those are 305/55-R20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

pic 1.jpg
pic 2.jpg

1676585221909.png
Sponsored

Last edited:

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
that looks good
glad to see they solved the acc sensor issue
now i might have to look at the bumper again
thanks

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looks great, been waiting for someone to post about this. I may have to pull the trigger.
Did it bring the front of the truck down any? Any noticeable change in ride quality due to the weight? And do you have coilovers, or just the puck?
- Thanks

OP
OP
kaspar139

kaspar139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have the "puck" :) Love that term. Will switch to coilovers/improved struts up front when the current struts need to be replaced.

Ride quality, not noticed any change. The front definitely dipped an inch or so due to the weight, so it's somewhere between stock and 1-1.5" taller than the 2.5" puck.

I have added some ditch lights and now a lightbar mounted to it, will share photos ASAP.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Looks great! Been looking at these and the one by Frontier. Would you mind posting a pic of the screen view when the front camera is on? Interested in knowing how much of the view is obstructed by the bumper/guard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kaspar139

kaspar139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I will try and get you a photo for sure. It doesn't render the front camera useless, but it certainly does impede your view of "how close to that car/obstacle in front of you" returns to the old guessing game.

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Tried to find an identical before picture, best I could find. Measured the drop, brought the front down about 1/2". 2" ready lift, 295 70r18 nittos.
FYI (for the car detailers out there) I did not clean my truck with a broom at the pay and spray...was just cleaning out the bed.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

OP
OP
kaspar139

kaspar139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am biased, but that looks excellent! Glad you got it done!

Regarding the sensors location/etc. if you don't like the one Ranchhand supplies, check out this guy on Youtube. He will print one for like $40-50 and it's adjustable, etc. about as close to factory as you can get:
https://www.youtube.com/@JDSOutdoors

This video in particular:

OP
OP
kaspar139

kaspar139

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Also, here's mine after adding a lowpro light bar from Rough Country.
truck with lights.jpg

Sponsored

Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT
You must have some large critters in TX if you need one of those ugly things on the front, that's a NO for my truck.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
These look great, guys! Definitely pushing me towards this bumper.

What are your thoughts on driving with it? Noticeable nose dive when braking, impact to mpg, noticeable wind noise, any issues/interference with headlights/light output? Thanks!

Old Bear

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 King Ranch Powerboost
Occupation
Information Technology
I was originally looking to add something similar to my new truck, but I simply love the looks of the King Ranch too much to simply throw on an aftermarket bumper. Most of my driving now consists of short trips in town, not much danger from large critters. Something that could impale stupid drivers, I may get on board with that! The video was impressive, I love seeing home-grown solutions!

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I am biased, but that looks excellent! Glad you got it done!

Regarding the sensors location/etc. if you don't like the one Ranchhand supplies, check out this guy on Youtube. He will print one for like $40-50 and it's adjustable, etc. about as close to factory as you can get:
https://www.youtube.com/@JDSOutdoors

This video in particular:
Thanks! Luckily I don't have sensors in the front, so didn't have to worry about the bracket issue.
Can you post a link to that light bar?

hammerhead2411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
These look great, guys! Definitely pushing me towards this bumper.

What are your thoughts on driving with it? Noticeable nose dive when braking, impact to mpg, noticeable wind noise, any issues/interference with headlights/light output? Thanks!
Thanks, here's what I've been able to gather:
- They are extremely light for a full replacement, think the net weight added to the front after removing the factory bumper is close to or under 100lbs.
- The slight weight increase is just enough to keep the front wheels planted on the ground, but not enough to weight to negatively impact ride quality. (60k miles - worn out struts and heavy tires, my front end was starting to lose composure on rough roads) Will be getting struts replaced soon anyway.
- Uncertain on MPG impact. Just drove to Florida and back, started a new trip meter and got the same MPG on the highway as before. Surely this is a fluke, I'll keep logging data.
- No wind noise, and slightly impedes fog light output.
Sponsored