Sponsored

Tonneau cover that gives complete access to bed AND works with a rack?

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Anyone know of a tonneau cover that both folds completely out of the way for full bed access AND allows a rack to be placed on the bed?

I really love that the BAKFlip MX4 and the Undercover can fold essentially all the way up to give full bed access. I also love that the Lomax will work with bed racks. Are there any covers that combine the fully fold up features of the BAKFlip/Undercover with the ability to use a rack?

I know that some of the roll up covers can work with a rack. Not sure I want to go that direction since we are in the snow and using the bed for skiing most every weekend in the winter. Also don’t want to lose that space in the bed, but this may be the best way to go.

Thanks!
-Ryan
Sponsored

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Anyone know of a tonneau cover that both folds completely out of the way for full bed access AND allows a rack to be placed on the bed?

I really love that the BAKFlip MX4 and the Undercover can fold essentially all the way up to give full bed access. I also love that the Lomax will work with bed racks. Are there any covers that combine the fully fold up features of the BAKFlip/Undercover with the ability to use a rack?

I know that some of the roll up covers can work with a rack. Not sure I want to go that direction since we are in the snow and using the bed for skiing most every weekend in the winter. Also don’t want to lose that space in the bed, but this may be the best way to go.

Thanks!
-Ryan
This is with a Ford quad fold cover from the factory, with a Thule rack. If this is the type you are looking for. The only issue here, the folding panels close to the cab are larger than the the other two, which prevents them from folding up flat to the window without the rack. A different cover mat solve this issue. Otherwise it allows access to the box.

Ford F-150 Tonneau cover that gives complete access to bed AND works with a rack? AEEEE462-8148-4971-811C-9D3470FA7D28

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector

Thanks!
-Ryan
Ryan, I am also in Idaho snow-country and so far have had no issues with this setup
Adarac Controur rack with the Gator HR1 "hard rolling" cover.

Ford F-150 Tonneau cover that gives complete access to bed AND works with a rack? Adarac Contour bed rack + Gator HR1 tonneau cover installed on 2021 F-150 c

OP
OP

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Ryan, I am also in Idaho snow-country and so far have had no issues with this setup

Adarac Contour bed rack + Gator HR1 tonneau cover installed on 2021 F-150 c.jpg
Thanks Aaron. That’s actually the exact rack I was looking at. Looks like a really useful setup, supposedly easy to put on and off, and pretty affordable compared to other racks. That cover looks great too. Appreciate the feedback of it working well in snow country.

Looks like you have a long bed. I wonder if a family’s bevy of mountain bikes would still fit in the bed with the wheels over the tailgate with this tonneau cover in a short bed, or if the canister that the cover rolls into takes up too much room. I really like how this looks.

Thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
This is with a Ford quad fold cover from the factory, with a Thule rack. If this is the type you are looking for. The only issue here, the folding panels close to the cab are larger than the the other two, which prevents them from folding up flat to the window without the rack. A different cover mat solve this issue. Otherwise it allows access to the box.

AEEEE462-8148-4971-811C-9D3470FA7D28.jpeg
Thanks!

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction

There is a retractable that also has slots for carrying above the cover

OP
OP

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet

Adarac Contour bed rack + Gator HR1 tonneau cover installed on 2021 F-150 c.jpg
Oops, my bad. I mistook this cover for the retractable one, not the roll up one. So no canister...

Hambone

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport, 2011 F150
Occupation
Home Inspector
Oops, my bad. I mistook this cover for the retractable one, not the roll up one. So no canister...
I decided against the canister style covers since I also want to be able to load bikes, dirtbikes and other items straight against the front of the bed. That is a lot of lost space with the canister style.

maverick

First Name
Mav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

Which Thule rack is this?

Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
The Thule TracRac SR is a stake pocket rail system that works with existing tonneau covers (ex: BAK Revolution) - it's another option to consider. Compared to the ADARAC, it's very expensive. I have many Thule products - you certainly get what you pay for; unfortunately, after reviewing the Thule website, there are limited TracRac accessories available. The vertical uprights are not adjustable and only come in one size. I would appear upon first glance that the ADARAC is a better value.

Another option I discovered is the Truxedo Elevate Rack System (Vendor: RealTruck, AutoAnything). Per the compatibility pamphlet, the Elevate T-slot rails ($200) are compatible with multiple covers, to include the BAK Revolution X4s & MX4. The Elevate FS Rack ($800), which pairs with the T-slot rails, includes four tie-downs and is adjustable, 18" and 28". Still not as cheap as the ADARAC, but cheaper than the Yakima Overhaul HD crossbars. I have reservations about how well the Elevate T-slot rails will work with the BAK's . . . instruction manual shows you mount the BAK rail atop the Elevate rails. ADARAC looks simpler.

Interested any anyone else's thoughts or experiences.
Sponsored