Sponsored

Question about Pro-Power Generator with Auto Start/Stop Removal.

Deck75

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I recently ordered a Platinum 2023 F-150 PowerBoost. With supply issues continuing into 2023 it was necessary to remove the Auto Start/Stop feature on all F-150s.

I've read the threads that eliminated my concern that the Start/Stop removal might somehow affect the ability for the PowerBoost to act as a real hybrid, however it occurred to me that it could affect the ability to use my 7.2KW Pro-Power Onboard capability. I'm expecting/hoping that the engine will start and stop as required to keep the 1.5KWH battery topped off.

Does anyone have experience using their F-150 PowerBoost that also has had the Auto Start/Stop removed in generator mode? Does the engine start and stop to keep the battery topped off as one would hope or does it do something else?

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
with auto stop removed the truck still cycles the ICE when running on generator. Not an issue for the powerboost.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
and at least in my 2020 Escape hybred, even if ICE is not running, the 12V charging system still works because its powered off the High Voltage battery and not an alternator.

OP
OP
Deck75

Deck75

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
with auto stop removed the truck still cycles the ICE when running on generator. Not an issue for the powerboost.

Thanks, Exactly the feedback I was looking for!
Sponsored