Sponsored

ProPower 2kw - what is the battery size

CI6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Does anyone know what is the battery capacity and type used with the ProPower 2kw.
I understand the F150 comes with two alternators and dual 12V batteries (in addition to the starter battery) for the ProPower 2kw.

Also, are the dual 12V batteries wired to provide 24V?

Curious to see if i could tap into the ProPower 2kw batteries to add a solar charger and 24V to 12V stepdown. That way would avoid the requirement to turn on the car to access the battery power for items not using the inverter.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds like you already know as much as I do about the 2kW version, and this article was the only one that talked about the guts underneath the marketing articles. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a32970167/f-150-generator-pro-power-onboard/

Can you elaborate on what it is you are trying to accomplish? I'd imagine they are some kind of standard car batteries in series to get 24V, and if you find them I think you can tap into the one referenced to ground to get your 12V. I am not sure where your solar charger fits into the picture though.

OP
OP

CI6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Sounds like you already know as much as I do about the 2kW version, and this article was the only one that talked about the guts underneath the marketing articles. https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-technology/a32970167/f-150-generator-pro-power-onboard/

Can you elaborate on what it is you are trying to accomplish? I'd imagine they are some kind of standard car batteries in series to get 24V, and if you find them I think you can tap into the one referenced to ground to get your 12V. I am not sure where your solar charger fits into the picture though.
What i'm trying to do is tap into the segregated batteries to use at night while camping and avoid turning on the engine. Hence want to find out the battery capacity to figure see how much of would be drained from the batteries.

The solar panel comes in, only for charging back these batteries during the day without turning on the engine, for example going hiking the batteries can recharge. if the battery capacity is large enough may not need to use solar charger as I would likely only need do 2-3 nights of usage.

I'm hoping the batteries are deep cycle batteries and located inside the cabin, ideally i could put a flexible solar panel on the roof.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I see. When you say "use at night" if you mean use to power 12V things, then I think you've got a good plan! If you intend to use the 120V outlets then I think you probably already know that the invertor won't do that for you without the engine running.

scottmtb88

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Raptor
What i'm trying to do is tap into the segregated batteries to use at night while camping and avoid turning on the engine. Hence want to find out the battery capacity to figure see how much of would be drained from the batteries.

The solar panel comes in, only for charging back these batteries during the day without turning on the engine, for example going hiking the batteries can recharge. if the battery capacity is large enough may not need to use solar charger as I would likely only need do 2-3 nights of usage.

I'm hoping the batteries are deep cycle batteries and located inside the cabin, ideally i could put a flexible solar panel on the roof.
Did you ever figure this out? I am looking to do exactly the same thing.
Sponsored