Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
Hi Folks with 22 F150s and Pro Trailer back-up assist:

Did your truck come with the sensor you affix to the trailer? My 2021 F150 came with a sensor that you zip tie to the trailer, but my 2022 did not - both equipped similarly. Did Ford change this again, or go back to the sticker? I've looked online, on Ford's site, the manual, and none of it is up-to-date.

TIA
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yes they stopped putting the yaw sensor in the trucks, you can buy one from ford parts
i have seen prices 600 to 900 depending on who has it.
it was a cost saving thing
i used the sticker on my trailer and other than the weird parking lot driving to get to gather all the info it does work well, excpet for my very hard 90 off the street into the driveway, skinny street plus long trailer takes a few fwd and back to get it right

Reactions: 780

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
yes they stopped putting the yaw sensor in the trucks, you can buy one from ford parts
i have seen prices 600 to 900 depending on who has it.
it was a cost saving thing
i used the sticker on my trailer and other than the weird parking lot driving to get to gather all the info it does work well, excpet for my very hard 90 off the street into the driveway, skinny street plus long trailer takes a few fwd and back to get it right
Yep. Mine came with the sticker as well. Already used it to back up my trailer camping this weekend. 1st time ever using back up pro assist and it worked great. Very bizarre to watch the steering wheel turn with no input from me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Yes, it is a sticker for 2022. They also changed how it is calibrated. Instead of entering measurements you just place the sticker then a series of driving in a straight line and turning at low speed.

{tpc}

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 302a High SuperCrew 3.5 EB MaxTow
I purchased a yaw sensor on ebay for around $150 iirc. My '22 came with the stickers but due to the placement of propane tanks on the trailer I feared that the stickers wouldn't work well. My 2018 had this exact problem with the stickers, and in 2020 I didn't bother altogether.

The key to the sensor is you must have the 12 way plug on the truck. I've seen where some have a 4 way where the 12 way goes, and unless you get the hoe camera/tpms kit, you would have to get the 7way/12way plug separately. Then there is the matter of the harness underneath, but I think that its there, even for those with the 4-way.

I like the yaw sensor over the sticker. Sure its something else to mount and deal with, but so is the sticker. The yaw sensor worked fine for me from the start, I didn't even try the sticker.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Mangolorian222

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Tremor; Mach 1 HP
Thanks everyone! It's dizzying trying to keep up with what's added/removed (mostly) lately. Thankfully, I found my yaw sensor from my 21 which I can use.

Bugzuki

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 PowerBoost Super Crew 4x4
There was one yaw sensor with my truck. I put it on one trailer, but I have 6 trailers. I went to the dealer but they could not find it. Does anyone know the part number for the kit? Will the stupid update ever come for 2021 Job 1 trucks?
Sponsored