Pro-Power Standard?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I will try and be as concise as possible with this.

I was advised by my dealer that ALL of the new F-150s come standard with a 400w (household wall socket) outlet in the bed regardless of whether you opted for the ProPower On Board option.

I thought adding any sort of power outlets in the bed of the truck would add a power inverter under the rear seat (for non-PowerBoost trucks), and prevent you from optioning the fold-flat lockable storage as a result.

For those of you guys that have the fold flat lockable storage on your truck, do you have an electrical outlet in your bed?

As usual, thanks for you all’s input! Add pictures too if you can!
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

I was advised by my dealer that ALL of the new F-150s come standard with a 400w (household wall socket) outlet in the bed regardless of whether you opted for the ProPower On Board option.

I thought adding any sort of power outlets in the bed of the truck would add a power inverter under the rear seat (for non-PowerBoost trucks), and prevent you from optioning the fold-flat lockable storage as a result.

For those of you guys that have the fold flat lockable storage on your truck, do you have an electrical outlet in your bed?

My power inverter is below/behind the passenger rear seat-back. I'm not 100% sure, but that shouldn't interfere with a fold-flat lockable storage option.

I'll try to get a photo later.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My power inverter is below/behind the passenger rear seat-back. I'm not 100% sure, but that shouldn't interfere with a fold-flat lockable storage option.

I'll try to get a photo later.
Gotcha thank you. I know if you opt for the 2KW ProPower, you cannot get the under seat storage because of the inverter.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer

I do personally, yeah

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Gotcha thank you. I know if you opt for the 2KW ProPower, you cannot get the under seat storage because of the inverter.
I believe it is the Battery/ProPower 2KW generator that is the culprit for not being able to get the OEM under-seat lockable storage.

I've known that for several years the 400W inverter was standard in F150...but I don't remember the outlet in the bed...just the in-cab outlets.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe it is the Battery/ProPower 2KW generator that is the culprit for not being able to get the OEM under-seat lockable storage.

I've known that for several years the 400W inverter was standard in F150...but I don't remember the outlet in the bed...just the in-cab outlets.

I know. I saw the 400W outlet listed on my window sticker, but I just assumed it meant the one in the front seat area and the one on the rear of the console for the second row.

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Dumb question that's slightly off topic, do the in-cab outlets pull from the same inverter that the bed outlets pull from? Or are there two inverters, one for the in-cab outlets and one for the bed outlet?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dumb question that's slightly off topic, do the in-cab outlets pull from the same inverter that the bed outlets pull from? Or are there two inverters, one for the in-cab outlets and one for the bed outlet?

I have no idea. It would make sense too run off that inverter I would say. Before I knew of the inverter’s existence, I just thought it ran off of an upgraded alternator or something.
Sponsored