Sponsored

Powertrain control module PCM engine misfire

IDK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid Platinum
My service engine light comes on intermittently. I use 87 octane fuel that is from a Top Tier Gasoline station. I thought it was maybe some water in the fuel, so I refueled and the light went off for awhile. The next time I refueled, at the same station, it came on again. Should I take it into the dealer? I mainly drive in the city and have had the truck for 2 months now.

I got this message:

"The Service Engine Soon light indicates the powertrain control module has detected an engine misfire condition caused by poor fuel quality or a powertrain malfunction. This can result in excessive exhaust temperatures that could damage the catalytic converter or other vehicle components."
Sponsored

Thomasp99

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat
Occupation
IT Exec
It sounds to me that if your gas is OK, it could be a plug/coil problem. Any autoparts store can pull the code for you. A OBD-II code P0316 is a misfire if I recall is should capture cylinder it is misfiring on.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
My service engine light comes on intermittently. I use 87 octane fuel that is from a Top Tier Gasoline station. I thought it was maybe some water in the fuel, so I refueled and the light went off for awhile. The next time I refueled, at the same station, it came on again. Should I take it into the dealer? I mainly drive in the city and have had the truck for 2 months now.

I got this message:

"The Service Engine Soon light indicates the powertrain control module has detected an engine misfire condition caused by poor fuel quality or a powertrain malfunction. This can result in excessive exhaust temperatures that could damage the catalytic converter or other vehicle components."
To me, that is a warranty issue, and would take it to the dealer.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

I got this message:

Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

Skeldog99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I got the same thing. This is the second time, the first time was a month ago. Happens when I remote start my vehicle. I use 93 from Exxon.
Ford F-150 Powertrain control module PCM engine misfire 530ADE30-B684-4AD8-9D20-0EFBAF18A870

StevenL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
CNC programmer / Engineer
Just got the message this morning. Maybe it's the Russians. I called service and they said bring it in next week. It's not flashing so it's not an emergency according to the dealer. I put Exxon 87 in a few days ago, never had a problem with their fuel.
Sponsored