First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I haven't seen any others with this issue. Two weeks ago I started the truck and found all the climate control lights blinking, the buttons wouldn't respond, and the outside air temperature was not being displayed. I was looking at a 4 hour drive home without any heat. Only the rear heated seats were still functioning.

I tried restarting the truck, pulling the fuse to the module, and disconnecting the battery. Nothing got the climate control to start up. Fortunately it appears that when the module fails, the vent settings remain where they were. This meant that even though the fan wasn't running I did get heat into the cabin while on the freeway. I actually had to crack the windows because it got too hot.

The next thing I found out was the following morning. When the module fails it doesn't go into low power sleep mode. It's supposed to draw less than 1mA when the truck is off, instead it was draining the battery overnight.

It took nearly a week to get some time with the dealership to diagnose the truck, and about four days for the new module to come it. So through a blizzard and our only severely cold days in February I was without heat and defrosters on my commute. I had to do the commute with the windows cracked. And every night I had to put the battery on a charger to handle the current draw.

The dealership was great, they have just been swamped. They sent a tech out to me to diagnose it in the parking lot in -25F windchill. She got the module on order right away. Replacing the module took 5-6 hours, apparently it is quite buried.

If your climate control module goes out, be prepared to have your battery drain.
Sponsored

True North

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-125 Ford One Gallon Flush Toilet
Thanks for the heads up. Any help with diagnosing and problem solving with these trucks? is greatly appreciated.