Sponsored

Powerboost with Max Tow Package Question

jtake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Does anyone know the correct torque for the broken bolt? Just wondering if I should loosen/tighten my bolts to avoid the sheared bolt problems people have been having.
Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Does anyone know the correct torque for the broken bolt? Just wondering if I should loosen/tighten my bolts to avoid the sheared bolt problems people have been having.
I would guess if your bolts were going to break, they will shear when you try to loosen them.

Someone was able to get the broken section out with an ez out, so maybe buy spare bolts to have, and when at your dealer ask them for the torque values?

Considering the size of the bolt, and how it just has to hold the hub on, I'm going to guess 30-40 Ftlbs

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Is the flange where the axle tube meets the rotor also a few inches thick, vs a flange just the thickness of the brake flange? This area right here:
Sorry for the delay responding. Here is a picture of the end of the axle tube (also please excuse the "rust package"). Yes, the axle end is flared out and has some cast-in features.

Ford F-150 Powerboost with Max Tow Package Question AxleEnd

Last edited:

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Sorry for the delay responding. Here is a picture of the end of the axle tube (also please excuse the "rust package"). Yes, the axle end is flared out and has some cast-in features.
Thanks for coming back with that!
Sponsored