Sponsored

I I have a 2021 F150 FX max tow package powerboost. Put on fox 2.0 coil overs. Supposed to level the vehicle. Only received about 1 inch of height?

Another Ford

First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Does anyone have a tech contact at Fox?
I would like to know if there is a formula for preload vs vertical gain. I have a standard EB but I need to be at 2" and likely no less as I have 295/60R20s going on with +20 offset rims.
Sponsored

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
I had the Roush package installed on my ‘22 Powerboost w/ Max Tow as I took delivery. Definitely got the full 2”

14DC9003-7D22-4677-9D31-79B8BB186DA7.jpeg
How is the ride on your truck with Roush kit? I was about to pull the trigger on the new 21-22 Fox 2.0 (not Roush) but this 1” of lift issue is causing me to rethink. I have a 21 Powerboost with Max Tow and want 2” of front lift.
Fox needs to hurry and figure out what the best setup is for the Powerboost owners to have a level ride.

Packbrian1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Software
My opinion is that it rides great. It took me a few days to get used to the firmness, however it’s much more “planted”. Doesn’t feel like a lifted truck.

Waveslider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SCREW Lariat 4WD
My opinion is that it rides great. It took me a few days to get used to the firmness, however it’s much more “planted”. Doesn’t feel like a lifted truck.
Thanks for the feedback. I assume your installer adjusted the lower perch ⅝” as specified per Roush? Do you know if your rear shocks were shorter than oem as noted by somebody else in this thread?

Truck looks great by the way.

Packbrian1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150
Occupation
Software
Thank you. They did adjust the perch and I’m unsure about the rear shocks, the dealer managed the install prior to me taking delivery.

Previously, I had a ‘21 with 1.5” puck in the front, same tires. It rode very comfortable but the Roush fox setup is close with added stability. Can’t go wrong with either.

Sponsored

Litebulb

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Does it ride better than the stock suspension?

I have a very similar issue to the OP. I have a 22 platinum PB. I have installed the new 21-22 specific Fox 2.0 level and only got 3/4” of lift. I have opened a case with Fox and they are looking into the issue. They did tell me they have another PB case where the guy got 7/8”. So far the response has been … well it is a Plat PB, look at the weight. At this point their engineers are looking at my case and trying to decide if I should add 1/4-3/8 of preload to get my desired ride height or if I should use the prior gen shocks which have stiffer spring rates. I will keep this thread posted. Photo is on a bit of a slope so it does not look terrible but I do have 2 full inches of rake still.
A984A8C6-BB28-4F97-B00F-B8C14558DEAA.jpeg

Ktmguy

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum BAP
Does it ride better than the stock suspension?
The ride was good, now it is fantastic. Potholes and speed bumps don’t exist anymore and the body roll is gone.
the alignment brought the front end up another 1/8-1/4 inch. I tow long distances so I am leaving it alone and enjoying the better ride.

Litebulb

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Very nice thank you, now that airlift has a kit that works with the powerboost I think I might do the fox shocks with it. I’m very happy with how well the truck rides stock but I certainly wouldn’t complain about an upgrade
Sponsored