First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Fortunately, I was able to resolve this issue, but I'm posting in case someone else runs into the same problem.

I got gas today, and after filing up, the fuel for would not latch shut. Being in the (no so) great state of NJ, I'm not allowed to pump my own gas. I stopped and pressed the fuel door release for the attendant and everything was fine. First thing I looked for when the door would latch shut was the plastic post, which was still there. I tried pressing the door release button again, but that didn't do anything.

I was making two quick stops, so I just drove off to avoid holding up the line. When I stopped, I tried to close it again, same issue. Eventually, I was able to press it in so the dash warning went away and hit the release button before the warning popped back up. I heard a faint noise, and the door latched shut afterwards.

What I think happened is the attendant was tapping on the door trying to get it open before I pressed the button. He was still trying to get it open as I released the fuel door. I'm assuming in the process, it triggered the latch mechanism without catching. I'm also guessing that the button to release the latch/door doesn't do anything if the truck thinks the door is already open. Fortunately, it was a simple fix and nothing I needed the dealer for. Just be wary of impatient gas station attendants if your also unfortunate enough to not be able to pump your own gas.
Sponsored

OP
OP
imnuts

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
That thread, the fuel for wouldn't latch because the small plastic post came off, and the others that had issues there also couldn't get the door to latch because of it. The plastic post was still in place on my fuel door, and the first thing I checked.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
That thread, the fuel for wouldn't latch because the small plastic post came off, and the others that had issues there also couldn't get the door to latch because of it. The plastic post was still in place on my fuel door, and the first thing I checked.
??

darioa

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Engineer
My truck‘s plastic post and rubber boot get loose. Once it shot out of the door when I unlatched it. I have to put the whole assembly back using needle nose pliers, but it gets loose after half a dozen fill ups or so.
Sponsored