Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
just got 6.4.0 today while in the grocery
there is hope for me yet 😍
not sure what changed, except font on upper rh screen

update 21 dec 2023.jpg
So did I sometime Tuesday. I'm sure this OTA has nothing to do with it, but the transmission shifted the best it has since I got the truck in Feb of 2022.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
This update is going to feel ironic since I’m still waiting for a chance to do my heated wheel swap so my SCCM will have gotten updated for nothing once I swap it out with the new one. It was doing it while I came here to look everything up so oh well. Not really sure it’s going to matter. Do these updates recognize parts have been changed and aren’t actually updated or does it never follow up again? Easy enough to hop on FDRS and push it myself just bummed to have the convenience of OTA updates be wasted.

GJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum FX4
Saw this screen shot posted over at the f150 forum. I’ve never gotten a FordPass notification that an update is available . Is it just me or is this new????

IMG_0108.jpeg
Still wondering if anyone has seen a notification like this in FP that an update is available

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Still wondering if anyone has seen a notification like this in FP that an update is available
I have never seen that.
I'm guessing by the wording it was downloaded and needing to install?
Do you have automatic updates turned off?
What version of FordPass do you have?
Look under account and then settings for the version number.

Sponsored

GJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum FX4
I have never seen that.
I'm guessing by the wording it was downloaded and needing to install?
Do you have automatic updates turned off?
What version of FordPass do you have?
Look under account and then settings for the version number.
Neither have i. I’m at 6.4 thats why it caught my attentiom. I’m anxiously waiting for the next update LOL.

It was posted at the sister forum and i asked the poster if that was a fordpass notification and he replied:

”Ya, it notified me. Then went to truck and it asked if I wanted the update.”

weird it seems no one has ever seen it before….

Last edited:

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Adding confusion to the mix but I've always gotten a notification alert in FP about OTA updates ever since Bronco launched which was my first foray into personally using FP

mapleleaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat
Yes I have received something similar to this. If you have auto updates on but schedule turned off it sends a notification on FP and on sync screen to install the update.

GJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum FX4
Adding confusion to the mix but I've always gotten a notification alert in FP about OTA updates ever since Bronco launched which was my first foray into personally using FP
LOL……this my 1st ford in over 25yrs. got it in aug and have gotten 6.1? 6.2, 6.2 redo and 6.4 on 12/15. Have never seen a pre notification only the you've been updated notifications. I’m on a steep learning curve…..

GJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum FX4
Yes I have received something similar to this. If you have auto updates on but schedule turned off it sends a notification on FP and on sync screen to install the update.
Another piece of the puzzle…..thanks!

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL……this my 1st ford in over 25yrs. got it in aug and have gotten 6.1? 6.2, 6.2 redo and 6.4 on 12/15. Have never seen a pre notification only the you've been updated notifications. I’m on a steep learning curve…..
Hmm maybe that's what I'm thinking of then my apologies. I don't regularly use the app

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Help me understand what I consider some strange behavior

So I got 6.4.0 December 5. Shortly after the truck kept trying to download 6.5.0 but kept failing.

After a week or so, it showed that it successfully downloaded in the truck.

When I pull up the latest update in the truck, it shows 6.5.0 and it says completed.

Recently started getting like phantom updates in the truck telling me that an update is scheduled for 1 AM the next morning but nothing happens.

The update button says there are no updates pending

But what concerns me is on my app on the phone when I click on the latest software it showing that 6.4.0 is the latest software.

So basically, the truck and my phone app aren’t matching anymore.

DK4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck

So I got 6.4.0 December 5. Shortly after the truck kept trying to download 6.5.0 but kept failing.

When I pull up the latest update in the truck, it shows 6.5.0 and it says completed.

Recently started getting like phantom updates in the truck telling me that an update is scheduled for 1 AM the next morning but nothing happens.

But what concerns me is on my app on the phone when I click on the latest software it showing that 6.4.0 is the latest software.

All normal. I think the app started losing sync with the truck on or around 6.2.

The phantom downloads are normal too. You can ask in the VIN lookup thread for one of the guys to scan your truck to have a look at things if you want to confirm.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat

Someone else reported same thing.
I'd believe what the truck says.
You can post on the VIN lookup thread if you want someone to look at it. Probably will say same as FordPass says though.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
All normal. I think the app started losing sync with the truck on or around 6.2.

The phantom downloads are normal too. You can ask in the VIN lookup thread for one of the guys to scan your truck to have a look at things if you want to confirm.
Thank you. Puts my mind at ease.
Sponsored