Power tailgate won’t open beeps 3x

Canadianeh!

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 lariat
My 21 lariat tailgate won’t open. It work on Friday n now nothing. Nothing from the button inside the truck or key or button on tailgate. I noticed today also the cargo camera isn’t working either. Must all be related. But I can’t even get into my box because a I have a roll up cover. I’ve never had an issue still now. We had a deep freeze on Saturday but the weather is above 0 degrees now
Sponsored

bp1954fromca

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Since I took delivery of this amazing platinum truck yesterday I haven’t had a chance to play around with everything but I did notice a strange issue with my power tailgate.

I was showing my neighbor the power tailgate and I go to hit the button on the tailgate and it doesn’t open just beeps 3x. Now I look Iike a fool with a brand new truck that isn’t working how I want it to. So then I gave up and went to dinner and came back to try the tailgate and it opens up fine. Then I close it and few hours try it again and it won’t open and beeps 3x. I looked in the manual but didn’t find anything related to it. I’m thinking it’s from it detecting some type of obstruction but there’s literally nothing around it. Anyone experience this at all?
My 2021 does this as well. If I hit the button a second time it will open. Have you tried tthis?

OP
OP
Way2qk4u2c

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
My 2021 does this as well. If I hit the button a second time it will open. Have you tried tthis?
I sold that truck so I no longer know what the fix was or anything. I have a 22 now that works every time.

donMatteo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Raptor
I got this issue today on my new 2023 Raptor.

Worked fine yesterday. I did the battery reset, tried to reseat the steps and nothing it working. the tailgate won't open but the truck thinks it's open.

I have the red tailgate down icon and a warning message on start up "power tailgate Stow Step"

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I got this issue today on my new 2023 Raptor.

Worked fine yesterday. I did the battery reset, tried to reseat the steps and nothing it working. the tailgate won't open but the truck thinks it's open.

I have the red tailgate down icon and a warning message on start up "power tailgate Stow Step"
Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s tailgate concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

skiteton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat PB | 2022 Explorer ST
Mine has done this since day one. Sometimes the tailgate won't lower or raise with a single press of the button and along with it not moving, the truck makes a strange "bong bong bong" sound, kind of like the fasten your seatbelt sign on an airplane.

I swear, every time I repeat an action on this truck, I get a different result. (Different startup sounds in the cabin, dash reset to default, dash set to different screen than it was on previously, audible parking aid alerts different pitches/tones at times, or not at all...., etc.)

rpeterslll

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
IT Professional
I am also getting this on my 2021 Powerboost Lariat. Any explanation on what the three beeps mean?
Sponsored