Platinum Seat Swap?

LightningBug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
I’m asking specifically for a ‘23 Lightning Lariat ER.

I traded a ‘19 3.5 EB Platinum for my Lightning. And besides towing and long haul ability (not a priority for me) the ONLY thing that was noticeable better in that truck than my Lightning Lariat ER were the seats. I haven’t seen the newest Platinum seats in person but they look pretty amazing.

My question is, if I found a set of Platinum seats from a salvage Lightning or ICE truck (or even a Lincoln), could they be swapped in with full functionality? I’ve tried searching to see if anyone has done it and I didn’t find anything. Could full functionality be attained by Forscan, dealership, or third party programming? Yes, I expect it to be expensive, but nice things are. What’s the consensus, could it be done?

Something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256171232102?hash=item3ba4fecb66:g:eoIAAOSwyexkzsDU&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA8L5hIYtQNWN9DMGTbZHMyV4P34MbK26Hy4DUou66KGX1ptPJMRPI9T2JcWYxChzdqGz2te9URizH+AuU0HIW4jtJB0asirAzRvBmULkPftpvnC+0MDdfFaWklp4Pf1J5/gqdDS/DQwx31fvjvsJ6HMzLtuWWLdYERNHTMsjbulK1m1b8L+41uuM3ha21pcP0lgDn6SAOMpoH+WTvrgEM0humZ8NeJtwvCM7HnKU0tZvgLOLw0R7xc/ZPbryDojhFBzevjoeR75VMRLWzIo44KR/wPkrIvEyvdr7JvWSzG56SJMvuf3qM2+i1eDJfEhn7Xw==|tkp:Bk9SR6iSj5TZYg
Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
For that price make sure it has the massaging bladders and harnesses, maybe even the B&O headrest speakers. If not ask the guy if he has ones that do. I see other seats in the background.
For what its worth the 21-23 Plat seats are very comfortable.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Yep, they would be plug and play essentially as everything is self contained on the seat itself. You would just need some Forscan work to enable the extra features on the display. If they are multicontour massaging, they would be worth it for sure as those are a hard to find feature, and having it all in a nice ready to go seat would make the swap very easy. I've even considered doing the same as I really like how the higher trim seats look and feel, especially if they are multicontour.

OP
OP

LightningBug

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Yep, they would be plug and play essentially as everything is self contained on the seat itself. You would just need some Forscan work to enable the extra features on the display. If they are multicontour massaging, they would be worth it for sure as those are a hard to find feature, and having it all in a nice ready to go seat would make the swap very easy. I've even considered doing the same as I really like how the higher trim seats look and feel, especially if they are multicontour.
That is really what I was hoping. Don’t take this as any kind of insult, but can you tell me how you know that they are plug and play? Have you done this swap or gotten confirmation from someone who has? If that’s the case, I’m in 100%!

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Swap out the seats, that's how. Do you have FDRS? Might need to PMI DSM (though they can be swapped) as well as OCSM (also swappable).

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
That is really what I was hoping. Don’t take this as any kind of insult, but can you tell me how you know that they are plug and play? Have you done this swap or gotten confirmation from someone who has? If that’s the case, I’m in 100%!
I haven't swapped them but others have and it's that easy. The seat are pretty much self contained, give them power, ground, and CAN and they'll work about anywhere. The programming might be the tricky part though as you best bet would be to input your VIN into the DSM (Driver Seat Module) and see what that does. You probably don't want to do a PMI as that will write all your current config settings to that DSM, thus deactivating any additional features it has.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Those seats in particular appear to be bottom line base seats, not worth that price. Regardless of what you choose, any seat will work with nothing but forscan edits required, sans the passenger seat cushion (OCSM).
Sponsored