Shifter swap

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
Has anyone here successfully completed the column shifter to console shifter swap and are able to provide information on it?
I’m seeing it done all over Instagram and some people on Facebook but I can’t seem to find any information on the internet about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd
Anything can be done on instagram.

Seems like a lot of work.
If that’s not the truth.
It can’t be but so much work, the shifters on These trucks are electronic so I’d assume it’s just a matter of a harness and the shifter itself (for those with the console already like myself) or those items plus the console for those who don’t have it

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ive done it and made a wire harness to do it. My stx was a column shift

The bucket that is where the shifter would be uses the same bolts as the shifter. All you need is the shifter, the mat and cover plate for the shifter.. wire harness.. they are different connectors.. my harness does all the conversion.. then you need the new column pieces.

OP
OP

AntimatterJoe

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT rwd

The bucket that is where the shifter would be uses the same bolts as the shifter. All you need is the shifter, the mat and cover plate for the shifter.. wire harness.. they are different connectors.. my harness does all the conversion.. then you need the new column pieces.
I do recall seeing the video you posted on YouTube where you did that along with the cluster swap, wireless charger, and 12” touch screen. When is infotainment expected to start selling the conversion kits (or at least the harness) for the swap?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I do recall seeing the video you posted on YouTube where you did that along with the cluster swap, wireless charger, and 12” touch screen. When is infotainment expected to start selling the conversion kits (or at least the harness) for the swap?
I am not sure.. I am not trying to avoid the question but I dont really come on here to come across as some sales guy I really have been more active to try and help guys fix some things and I dont keep up with the release of products I just design and tell them about it and what it needs. I know some of the stuff is available now. If you call I know I have a few of the harnesses in my hands they made to prove out. They work great. I tested it and approved for production. You can always give me a shout or call the number on the page and ask sales to get the info from me, they are in florida so sometimes there is a breakdown in communication. Im in dallas. Its hard even with phones and email.

I know we have all the parts for wireless chargers on hand I received them and am shipping one out to someone this week. It would have been this week but we are snowed in so monday now I guess.

Last edited:

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just curious on why you want this done? The column shifter gives you more room in the center console.
I didnt lose that much room. There is still a big pocket in front of the shifter. I sit my phone there and its perfect. Plus I hate column shifters. That was the first thing I wanted to do.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I’m open to trade all my center shifter components for a column shifter if someone can make the backwards harness haha.
Amen to that (y)

Sponsored

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, prefer column shift. Console shifter is a big waste of space.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Any possibility that you could provide a parts list for this?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Any possibility that you could provide a parts list for this?
I couldn’t unfortunately.. this is an area for me that is tough because we offer it as a kit at our company.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150