Phone connection issues on 2022 F150 XLT CANADA

BruiserNL

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Good day everyone. I apologize in advance if this has already been covered but after many hours of searching I've yet to find anyone with a similar situation that has also found a solution. My 2022 f150 constantly kicks phone calls out of sync 4 and back to my phone whether it's connected through Android auto or bluetooth. During almost every single phone call that's longer than 2 or 3 minutes, part way through the conversation the phone screen disappears and the radio starts to replay. When I pick up my phone it still shows as being connected via Bluetooth to SYNC. This is not the case. I don't actually lose the phone call from my phone but I must tap that and reselect phone speaker to continue the phone call. If I choose to listen to music via Android auto and I'm on a long drive I'll usually only get a maximum of 1 hour of normal playback. Around the one hour mark my screen will go black and all music stops. 5 to 10 seconds later the screen will reboot? Logo just as it does on normal startup. Once this happens once, it'll happen every 10 to 15 minutes for the rest of my drive.

I have tried this with multiple phones and the same results. The hands-free portion for phone calls and or Android auto for music playback is almost useless to my new truck. Sometimes it will prompt me to connect my phone using the cable but same results.

I have been to the dealer several times and they tell me everything is normal. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks.
Sponsored

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
It certainly sounds to me as if your radio/bluetooth is simply crapping-out and shutting down. It could be an internal heat issue since it seems to work for a while then shuts down.

I have different issues with mine. Sometimes it simply will NOT connect to the phone. I can drive for miles as it attempts to connect. But if I stop, turn the truck engine off and restart it, it usually connects. Like you, the dealership was unable to duplicate it. Without them having my phone that would be a correct verdict. I'm going to have to get a little more insistent the next time I take it in I suppose.

OP
OP

BruiserNL

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Yeah it's a frustrating experience. Why offer hands free and all the beauties of modern technology with no means to identify the cause. I feel it's the truck and not my phone(s). No way multiple phones would all have the same issue. I don't think so anyway.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Yeah it's a frustrating experience. Why offer hands free and all the beauties of modern technology with no means to identify the cause. I feel it's the truck and not my phone(s). No way multiple phones would all have the same issue. I don't think so anyway.
I think you are correct. I feel it is just another case of Ford attempting to offer technology that they have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix. Such seems to be the case for many of the items expressed here.

MrGary321

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2020 Ranger, 2017 Fusion
When I get similar connectivity issues I do a reset. Hold the audio power knob diwn with the ffwd button for 10 seconds, and sync restarts and then usually connects.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BruiserNL

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Thanks for the reset info. Tried that lots. Never a connection issue. Always an issue of kicking phone calls off and/or SYNC infotainment shutting down entirely.

Rcanning

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 xlt powerboost
Have you tried shutting off the display? Maybe see if that helps to see if it's a heat issue?. Definitely not normal. My phone remains connected even though I'm inside my house prob over 100 feet away

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB
I have the same truck as you, just in PB rather than EB and I have a pixel 7. I've had that issue a few times as well and the problem was the phone in my case. Wireless AA make my phone and others I've tested run quite hot and when that happened the connectivity issues starting. Barring a problem with the Bluetooth receiver in your truck it's very likely a problem with the phone.

OP
OP

BruiserNL

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
I have the same truck as you, just in PB rather than EB and I have a pixel 7. I've had that issue a few times as well and the problem was the phone in my case. Wireless AA make my phone and others I've tested run quite hot and when that happened the connectivity issues starting. Barring a problem with the Bluetooth receiver in your truck it's very likely a problem with the phone.
Not sure I am on the same page. Given that it can drop a phone call after as short as a 3 minute phone call via Bluetooth only, no way is the phone getting hot. If it were only on Android Auto after an hour continuous, I could buy into that. But lately I only connect via Bluetooth, and sometimes as little as a 3 min phone call will kick back to my phone. My phone says it's connected to SYNC, but my SYNC screen has left the phone page and back to FM radio, or whatever I was previously listening to. Sometimes back to Bluetooth audio.

i still blame the truck. Unfortunately.

Sponsored

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Not sure I am on the same page. Given that it can drop a phone call after as short as a 3 minute phone call via Bluetooth only, no way is the phone getting hot. If it were only on Android Auto after an hour continuous, I could buy into that. But lately I only connect via Bluetooth, and sometimes as little as a 3 min phone call will kick back to my phone. My phone says it's connected to SYNC, but my SYNC screen has left the phone page and back to FM radio, or whatever I was previously listening to. Sometimes back to Bluetooth audio.

No, Sorry, I meant a component inside the stereo/audio system in the truck.

Groovicles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT PB

Hmmm, if that's the case and it sounds like you may be right. Off to the dealership for warranty approved repairs we go!

Melly

First Name
Melbourne Williams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I have a similar issue, if I'm on a call and a text message comes in or I put the truck in reverse, the conversation start cracking or you stop hearing the other person.
I have to turn Bluetooth on and off on my phone to continue talking, I've reset my phone and sync, still having the same problem.

TarnishedCopper

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Occupation
Retired/Auctioneer
Problem is they say it works as advertised when I go there. So frustrating.
You'll probably have to insist on staying and demonstrating the problem. They don't like that. It costs them productivity of telling 5 other people they found no problem.
Sponsored