Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Consultant
I got hit with the dead battery today. :(

Pick up vehicle (PowerBoost w/ 7.2kw) on March 4th with 11 miles on the ODO. Put 200 miles on it over the next 8 days, then went out of town for 10 days (just got back last night).

Truck is DEAD.

Had to use the physical key in the FOB to unlock it (not sure why some are having to use a slim-jim to open it).

Have it on a battery charger now, it's status is "VERY WEAK".

Upon getting the truck I did disable the Zone Lighting, thought that should have prevented my situation.

Hopefully it will start, and I can take it to the dealer to get the fix (and possibly a new battery, as I'm suspecting that letting a battery get this low is not good for it).
Hi Smitdog,
The reason I had to have Roadside Assistance come out and use a slim jim to get into my truck after the battery died was because the physical key in the fob did not unlock the door. I guess the salesman, or me for that matter, should have checked to make sure that key worked before driving it off the lot.

Good luck!
Sponsored

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
My temp plates ran out 6 days ago so I haven't driven the truck. I did start it 2 days ago to move it. I noticed a message in my Ford app "your truck is in deep sleep mode" . Thought to myself, thats nice... Went out today to go register it, dead. 4.6 volts. Called for a jump. Tried 2 packs, wouldn't start. Put on a nice flickering headlight show and various messages, even a non stop beat from the speakers. Tow truck here now.

Simoes

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 2.7EB
I'm also a victim of the battery drain issue. I took the truck to the dealer yesterday and the service guy claimed total ignorance regarding the issue. He indicated that he didn't care what was on the internet and that they would do their own diagnostics :rolleyes:. They ended up replacing the battery as it was apparently at 33%. He assured me that the issue was a bad battery and not a drain problem :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, now my auto start/stop isn't working and giving me a message that the engine is on due to vehicle charging. Anyone have any info on this?

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I'm also a victim of the battery drain issue. I took the truck to the dealer yesterday and the service guy claimed total ignorance regarding the issue. He indicated that he didn't care what was on the internet and that they would do their own diagnostics :rolleyes:. They ended up replacing the battery as it was apparently at 33%. He assured me that the issue was a bad battery and not a drain problem :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, now my auto start/stop isn't working and giving me a message that the engine is on due to vehicle charging. Anyone have any info on this?
Same. My first dead battery was January 4th. Second time dead was about a month later. Dealer replaced battery. I’m still on the second battery, but have no faith to leave the truck sit for 2 days or more without driving it. I let my truck sit for about a day and a half this past weekend and my battery voltage was at 12.14V.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
My temp plates ran out 6 days ago so I haven't driven the truck. I did start it 2 days ago to move it. I noticed a message in my Ford app "your truck is in deep sleep mode" . Thought to myself, thats nice... Went out today to go register it, dead. 4.6 volts. Called for a jump. Tried 2 packs, wouldn't start. Put on a nice flickering headlight show and various messages, even a non stop beat from the speakers. Tow truck here now.
Never got the truck towed on Monday... Had it towed in this morning. I left a copy of the TSB posted here on the other thread, on the passenger seat. Picked the truck up this afternoon. From service "the factory supplied battery was defective, we replaced it. We performed the TSB you supplied us".
I have no idea if this is fixed or will happen again.

Sponsored

marvinluckie

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
chaplain Orlando VAMC
New 2021 Ford F 150 Limited Powerboost...dead...deep sleep mode...Dealership charged batter...se no problem...OK ??? They why is a brand new truck dead asleep? answer me that

marvinluckie

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
chaplain Orlando VAMC
is there a ford recall for the powerboats?

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
Does anybody have a link for the Ford TSP in regards to the dead battery issue?
At the dealership now for it.....

Jumper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xl
Just left the dealership for the dead battery issue.
TSB performed, new battery installed.
Hopefully this is the fix.
Sponsored