Paint Chip

JoeSTi

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 3.5EB
$1000 for partial front PPF from Pro Tint Orlando and that’s if I do the chip repair ugh. They always put you to it lol. Probably skilled labor and not the material that is driving the cost
Thats cheap. I would definitely check reviews. I just paid $2800 for full front end, a pillars, front sections of roof ppf. One of the top installers in my area.
Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
$1000 for partial front PPF from Pro Tint Orlando and that’s if I do the chip repair ugh. They always put you to it lol. Probably skilled labor and not the material that is driving the cost
Thats cheap. I would definitely check reviews. I just paid $2800 for full front end, a pillars, front sections of roof ppf. One of the top installers in my area.
I'd say $1,000 is reasonable. Mine was $1,800 CAD before a sizeable discount (did it at the right time of year):
FULL FRONT END PPF, HALF HOOD, HALF FENDERS AND FULL BUMPER, ROOF LINE AND DOOR SILLS

Agreed, check the reviews, social media, etc. to get a sense of the kind of work they do. Mine takes an unbelievable amount of pride in his craft and doesn't treat the $30,000 cars any differently than the $300,000 ones he does. Meticulous attention to detail regardless of the project.

OP
OP
Samson16

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
I'd say $1,000 is reasonable. Mine was $1,800 CAD before a sizeable discount (did it at the right time of year):
FULL FRONT END PPF, HALF HOOD, HALF FENDERS AND FULL BUMPER, ROOF LINE AND DOOR SILLS

Agreed, check the reviews, social media, etc. to get a sense of the kind of work they do. Mine takes an unbelievable amount of pride in his craft and doesn't treat the $30,000 cars any differently than the $300,000 ones he does. Meticulous attention to detail regardless of the project.
You mentioned how much pride and then peeled off a list that far exceeds a partial front for a meager 1800 Can. 2100 US for the full front. 1000 for partial and yes I checked reviews before using them previously.

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
This was one of the reasons I specifically wanted chrome bumpers on my truck. I love the look of painted bumpers, but they road rash easier.

Although if you PPF the front, you won’t have to worry for roughly 10 years until the wrap starts to fade and turn yellow.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Samson16

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
This was one of the reasons I specifically wanted chrome bumpers on my truck. I love the look of painted bumpers, but they road rash easier.

Although if you PPF the front, you won’t have to worry for roughly 10 years until the wrap starts to fade and turn yellow.
Not a bad deal really. I just wish I had done it right away when the “get whatever you need for the truck honey “ green light was on lol

fordhouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 LARIAT 501A FX4 V8
Rapid Red is prettier.
I have some scuffs from a pre-installed front plate holder on my used truck.
Not visible from a distance but still irritating.

Look forward to seeing how the fix goes.
I'll need it too someday.
the scuffs might just be some clear coat damage that'll easily buff out lol

OP
OP
Samson16

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
You mentioned how much pride and then peeled off a list that far exceeds a partial front for a meager 1800 Can. 2100 US for the full front. 1000 for partial and yes I checked reviews before using them previously.
I can’t edit from my phone yet, but your list is generous for a partial but not crazy. Perhaps because they’ve done two vehicles for me it helped with the price.

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
Apologies if there’s a discrepancy in what I described or how the different installers price their services!

Although my installer invoiced me with a “full front” line item, it was positioned and sold to me as partial because of the half pieces. A full front installation to me would be full hood, full roof, etc. Mine was installed in pieces, just to cover the high impact areas.

Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
I can’t edit from my phone yet, but your list is generous for a partial but not crazy. Perhaps because they’ve done two vehicles for me it helped with the price.
Probably not a bad idea to get those services broken down to figure out what's all included - you might be comfortable with just the partial! If it helps, I'd be happy to snap some pictures of mine for you so you have an idea of what was done on mine and how much was covered.

OP
OP
Samson16

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Probably not a bad idea to get those services broken down to figure out what's all included - you might be comfortable with just the partial! If it helps, I'd be happy to snap some pictures of mine for you so you have an idea of what was done on mine and how much was covered.
Absolutely thanks!

Eldon

First Name
Eldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011and 2022 Camry 2023 Ford F150 Platinum Ordered
Occupation
Retired Navy
Bubble Wrap, and leave it the garage. LOL I've had my 2023 for 3 months and just went over 1300 miles.

Sneezy

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Not a bad deal really. I just wish I had done it right away when the “get whatever you need for the truck honey “ green light was on lol
Hahah yeah I totally agree, I wish I had done my hood and front fenders right off the bat, but I’ve also read horror stories of them taking some of the clear coat off if they are left on too long and get baked in hot climates.

I have no personal experience with this so I cannot vouch one way or the other, however it was the mental debate I was having with myself early on. Then I got my first rock chip and figured it would just be easier to do touch ups anyways 😂

OP
OP
Samson16

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Aviation systems
Hahah yeah I totally agree, I wish I had done my hood and front fenders right off the bat, but I’ve also read horror stories of them taking some of the clear coat off if they are left on too long and get baked in hot climates.

I have no personal experience with this so I cannot vouch one way or the other, however it was the mental debate I was having with myself early on. Then I got my first rock chip and figured it would just be easier to do touch ups anyways 😂
I live in central Florida, and I'm being cautioned away from PPF by friends and co-workers because of the relentless summers we have here. Turns yellow, looks nasty, and your paint will forever show where it was applied after a few short years. I'm now considering doing the vertical portion of my front bumper and maybe a hood deflector if they make one good enough so I don't remove it immediately and ship it back. Haven't decided obviously lol. In the meantime it's rapid red touchup paint...
Sponsored