OTA Update killed Wireless App Projection

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
Just received OTA update 23-PU1113-UNX-DC described as "Priority Update - Connectivity" with the (ironic) description "Refinements have been made to help improve connectivity"

Well, unfortunately it seems to have killed my Wireless Android Auto :( specifically, "Wireless App Projection" under Settings/Connectivity is greyed out and cannot be enabled - and that is what is required to connect Android Auto wirelessly instead of USB

Anyone else having this issue?

Before anyone tells me to try different phone etc. note that the option in Sync to wirelessly connect can no longer be enabled - doesn't matter what phone you use!
Sponsored

CbtHvyEng

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 PowerBoost Platinum
Occupation
Retired
I had my recently purchased 2021 at the dealer for other work and problem with inability to connect Ford Pass app to truck. Dealer called me to say they fixed the Ford Pass connection problem (used FDRS to update modules) but after updates now had a problem with wireless apps not working. Vehicle stayed at dealer for another week for them to correct this problem. I can't give you more details because the service rep and the completed service ticket don't give me more details.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I just received an Android Auto update. Wonder if that is a fix.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
No wireless android issues and I'm pretty sure I'm up to date OTA/FDRS

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
chrisp993

chrisp993

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum, '15 Audi S4, Spec Iron Mustang
Slight update, as well as the issue described above, my whole Sync system is now routinely (once, twice a day) freezing up i.e. won't accept any touch inputs, before eventually rebooting. Clearly the recent update messed up my Sync system :(
Sponsored