• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Order email received but dealerships charging ADM

F150admtothemoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
So I finally got the email to order, but dealership is charging 5000$ ADM. I have tried to reach out to other dealerships in state and out, but nobody is playing ball and transfer the reservation.

what is up with this? Does anybody have a good contact in the tri-state area that would service my order?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Metro Ford in Niskayuna NY has always been good to me and has promised no ADM (Metrofordny.com)

cclark20

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Smoked Quartz SuperCrew PB Long Bed
What about Chapman in Horsham. I know Tom has a deep reservation list but if your order doesnā€™t count against him them he may take care of you.

Please share this stealershipā€˜s name and add it to the dealers that Do/Donā€™t charge an ADM on the Lightning thread.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Hartford is probably a drive for you but my dealer there did my right with MSRP

mparz00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR, VW ID.4 AWD Pro
I second Tom's comment re Metro Ford. I have an XLT SR on order and a Fleet Pro through them.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
What about Chapman in Horsham. I know Tom has a deep reservation list but if your order doesnā€™t count against him them he may take care of you.

Please share this stealershipā€˜s name and add it to the dealers that Do/Donā€™t charge an ADM on the Lightning thread.
Someone else was refused changing dealers due to that location using up their allocations already. This means that moving does in fact use up the new dealers allocation.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Transfer it to Granger Ford

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Someone else was refused changing dealers due to that location using up their allocations already. This means that moving does in fact use up the new dealers allocation.
This doesn't make sense to me and Ford should just stop with the whole allocation process unless it's for dealer stock. I guess I don't understand why allocations for dealers matter when you have a paying customer ready to go. Ford needs to get with the program and start adopting the Tesla way.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Transfer it to Granger Ford
Only if he's OK with delivery in 2024...

I've bought two vehicles from Granger and really like those guys. But had to move my reservation FROM there to see if I could still maybe get a '22.

On the flip side of that, if he transfers to Granger and they let the allocation transfer with him, where he can still order his truck, then that's a different story. I don't think it works that way, though.

Jarre5005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning
So I changed dealerships specifically because they told me they wouldnā€™t charge over MSRP. Was so excited to complete my wave 4 Lariat order, and my online checkout receipt showed that dealer markup was zero reflecting the same as MSRP. However, since the order still had to be finalized and built by the dealer I requested a final build sheet prior to submitting. The invoice showed MRSP but had a handwritten $4000 at the bottom with no other info.
Of course I called the dealer to ask what that was and he told me ā€œour cost to order the Lightning is the exact same as MSRP and we arenā€™t in the business of selling at cost. Ford didnā€™t tell us there would be no added in dealer profit and we need to make money on this so we are up charging 4k.ā€ The GM said he would call me tomorrow but at this point Iā€™m irate. Is there anything I can do? Called ford and said ā€œthatā€™s the problem with dealers being independent .ā€

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
So I changed dealerships specifically because they told me they wouldnā€™t charge over MSRP. Was so excited to complete my wave 4 Lariat order, and my online checkout receipt showed that dealer markup was zero reflecting the same as MSRP. However, since the order still had to be finalized and built by the dealer I requested a final build sheet prior to submitting. The invoice showed MRSP but had a handwritten $4000 at the bottom with no other info.
Of course I called the dealer to ask what that was and he told me ā€œour cost to order the Lightning is the exact same as MSRP and we arenā€™t in the business of selling at cost. Ford didnā€™t tell us there would be no added in dealer profit and we need to make money on this so we are up charging 4k.ā€ The GM said he would call me tomorrow but at this point Iā€™m irate. Is there anything I can do? Called ford and said ā€œthatā€™s the problem with dealers being independent .ā€
Pretty sure someone here posted an order guide or something from the dealer side that showed the dealer profit built in already at 10% if memory serves. Iā€™d find that and bring it up to them.

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Pretty sure someone here posted an order guide or something from the dealer side that showed the dealer profit built in already at 10% if memory serves. Iā€™d find that and bring it up to them.
Yeah good shout -- it's on the "Order Bank Playbook" pages 33/34. I wouldn't pay that -- sounds like BS.

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The dealer makes about 3% more profit on lightnings then ice f150.
Sponsored