Oil change at what mileage?

Blake

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
What mileage is recommended to get oil changed? I have the lifetime warranty and don't want to void it by missing my timeline. The dealership says every 5000 miles but nowhere in the manual says a mileage to have it done. Thanks
Sponsored

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor™
Your vehicle is equipped with an Intelligent Oil-Life Monitor that determines when you should change the engine oil based on how your vehicle is used. By using several important factors in its calculations, the monitor helps reduce the cost of owning your vehicle and reduces environmental waste at the same time. Do not exceed one year or 10,000 miles.

Disclaimer: If you drive hard, tow, heavy loads etc.. intervals will be different. But this is out of the maintenance section of the truck. Don't shoot the messenger.

PSA: Check out this link https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html

Last edited:

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
You will get a multitude of opinions and answers with this question.

I follow the OLM and change oil/filter accordingly. That’s good enough for me as I lease my vehicles and have a lot less worry.

YMMV

mmdpg

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Bullitt Mustang, 2021 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The truck monitors your use and counts down the "oil life". When it gets to about 10% it pops up a message on the screen telling you to get the oil changed. You can see what the remaining life is by finding the oil life reading in the menus. You can also re-set the life meter when the oil has been changed. Changing the oil when the truck tells you to will certainly maintain the warranty.

That said, my practice with a new engine is to drive it for about 2,000 miles to break it in, change the oil and change it again at 5,000 miles and every 5,000 miles after that. Just my process and opinion.
Sponsored