Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
yes we texans have very few OPEN areas to free camp
south padre is my favorite beach and gnats .

:love: but the fresh fish more than make up for it
Sponsored

scuba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB Mid Front Bench, 2013 E350 4x4
yes we texans have very few OPEN areas to free camp
south padre is my favorite beach and gnats .

:love: but the fresh fish more than make up for it
Will check out South Padre-- thanks.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief

rimfire7

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tremor, 2007 BMW 330i
Occupation
therapist
at least you won't freeze like an overlander! My husband and I spend a couple nights one summer in the mountains in Wyoming and it got below freezing at night and snowed. We didn't have a diesel heater and the propane heater wouldn't light. It was tolerable until one of the dogs was shivering. And the local town didn't have dog sweaters or coats. We have a winnebago micro Minnie. supposedly you can take them on tame trails. We are beefing up its boon docking capabilities. it hasn't been to Moab yet and just campgrounds in colorado. we did stay at some state campgrounds in Idaho that had no hook ups. Also, Toyota's rock.

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_1520

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_1305

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander taco pp4

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_0433

Sponsored

OP
OP
ImChris

ImChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost Long Bed
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
This looks great! What are your favorite spots in Wisconsin?
If you're not into campgrounds, my fav spots in Wisconsin are in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan 😂

We've been to a few campground with friends in WI over the years and have enjoyed Kohler-Andre, Mirror Lake, Yellowstone Lake, Bagley Rapids, and a few others in Door County (all are pretty nice). If you're close to the UP, send me a message I'll share some favorite lake-side spots.

at least you won't freeze like an overlander! My husband and I spend a couple nights one summer in the mountains in Wyoming and it got below freezing at night and snowed. We didn't have a diesel heater and the propane heater wouldn't light. It was tolerable until one of the dogs was shivering. And the local town didn't have dog sweaters or coats. We have a winnebago micro Minnie. supposedly you can take them on tame trails. We are beefing up its boon docking capabilities. it hasn't been to Moab yet and just campgrounds in colorado. we did stay at some state campgrounds in Idaho that had no hook ups. Also, Toyota's rock.
Sounds awesome! When we went from the RTT to the truck camper, it was due to two below freezing nights with our dogs, too!

I actually did all the launch photography for the Mirco Minnie (plus a few other models) and they seem very well thought out and put together! I actually had one on my list with the Scamp when we started considering a trailer.

-Chris

OP
OP
ImChris

ImChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost Long Bed
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Earlier I mentioned doing a solo camp setup using a SmartCap. While, I've done a few weekends with this setup and wanted to share!

I totally forgot to take photos from the exterior looking in, so please use your imagination from my cramped inside photo. Basically since I have a long bed I used a cot, put a topper on it and ran that down the driver side for a full length bed. For the passenger side I have my Dometic and EcoFlow Delta and some 'flex space' at the rear I use for water, changing, getting in and out, etc.

I used a 4x6 outdoor carpet from walmart for the floor and a $15 bug net from Amazon (+ magnets to hold it to the smart cap) to give myself a nice cozy, bug free interior. For lights I used undercabinet magnet lights (also from amazon) than I can move around freely within the topper. They have 3 brightness settings and 3 color temp settings. To round it off, a Smittybilt 270!

I also switched to 18s/35s over the 17s/34s I had previously.

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander Bacarella-BlackRhinoChamber-22F150-13
Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander Bacarella-BlackRhinoChamber-22F150-10
Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander Bacarella-BlackRhinoChamber-22F150-18
Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander Bacarella-BlackRhinoChamber-22F150-2

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_6508

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_6493

Ford F-150 I bought a Scamp and no longer feel like an Overlander IMG_6998

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
Earlier I mentioned doing a solo camp setup using a SmartCap. While, I've done a few weekends with this setup and wanted to share!

I totally forgot to take photos from the exterior looking in, so please use your imagination from my cramped inside photo. Basically since I have a long bed I used a cot, put a topper on it and ran that down the driver side for a full length bed. For the passenger side I have my Dometic and EcoFlow Delta and some 'flex space' at the rear I use for water, changing, getting in and out, etc.

I used a 4x6 outdoor carpet from walmart for the floor and a $15 bug net from Amazon (+ magnets to hold it to the smart cap) to give myself a nice cozy, bug free interior. For lights I used undercabinet magnet lights (also from amazon) than I can move around freely within the topper. They have 3 brightness settings and 3 color temp settings. To round it off, a Smittybilt 270!

I also switched to 18s/35s over the 17s/34s I had previously.
Amazing setup!

I keep going back and forth between the SmartCap and something like the Lonepeak but home made where the top matches the height of the roof.

OP
OP
ImChris

ImChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PowerBoost Long Bed
Occupation
Commercial Photographer
Amazing setup!

I keep going back and forth between the SmartCap and something like the Lonepeak but home made where the top matches the height of the roof.

Thanks! if you've seen my previous posts, I bought this because I couldnt find a Project M fast enough. I think the LonePeak, GFC, SuperPacific, etc would be an incredible option. One thing I run into is changing space (especially in bad weather). It would be nice to have standing room!

If you're looking to build your own, there is a MASSIVE thread on Tacoma World about the process. Even comes with full build parts list and plans you can buy very cheap. While it's for a Tacoma, you'd just tweak dimensions for an F150. It's an incredible resource with a lot of user feedback on the design and construction process.

Here is the thread: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/how-to-diy-wedge-camper.604686/

Tenchi

First Name
Tenchi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Sport/FX4 PB F150
Thanks! if you've seen my previous posts, I bought this because I couldnt find a Project M fast enough. I think the LonePeak, GFC, SuperPacific, etc would be an incredible option. One thing I run into is changing space (especially in bad weather). It would be nice to have standing room!

If you're looking to build your own, there is a MASSIVE thread on Tacoma World about the process. Even comes with full build parts list and plans you can buy very cheap. While it's for a Tacoma, you'd just tweak dimensions for an F150. It's an incredible resource with a lot of user feedback on the design and construction process.

Here is the thread: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/how-to-diy-wedge-camper.604686/
I've seen some of those on YT. I have to noodle over it and commit LOL
Sponsored