First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
They are in Florida, any ESP is full retail pricing only. Must be registered in Florida to sell there. A few online options but not as many as the rest of us.
Ahhh shoot, ok.
Not sure the costs there but was thinking he should look into it, especially already having a prob.
:(
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Ahhh shoot, ok.
Not sure the costs there but was thinking he should look into it, especially already having a prob.
:(
Broken OTA issue. Honestly I think there is more than one update that broke camera button and other updates fixed it. It might be fixable via Forscan too I dunno. Once Rugedraw gets the info in the VIN thread we will know more about his situation on this truck. :)

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Broken OTA issue. Honestly I think there is more than one update that broke camera button and other updates fixed it. It might be fixable via Forscan too I dunno. Once Rugedraw gets the info in the VIN thread we will know more about his situation on this truck. :)
I get it, but I'm getting mine once my CPO gets close to expiring and I have no issues, it's just a safety thing for any (new) Ford owner.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
I get it, but I'm getting mine once my CPO gets close to expiring and I have no issues, it's just a safety thing for any (new) Ford owner.
I get it, even though I bought used under 36k I had ESP on it within a month of purchase. :)
I had my usage out of it on last truck up to the very last day of it getting O2 sensors replaced under warranty. 🤣

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I get it, even though I bought used under 36k I had ESP on it within a month of purchase. :)
I had my usage out of it on last truck up to the very last day of it getting O2 sensors replaced under warranty. 🤣
Smart.
I've never bought used before... Well I have but not recently. Not really sure how the whole CPO works so I plan on calling someone around 2.9/35.
I think my drivetrain goes to 60k.
Bit again, I'll worry about all that late. Don't wanna hijack this his post.
:)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gcc

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Here is the bottom of that update screen.

It says not completed. Even through the auto updates were turned on, the time portion was not set. I set it last night. How long does it normally take for that to happen?

sorry / this is all new to me. I’ve never had a vehicle auto update! Pretty cool.

Thanks,
Greg

Ford F-150 New to F150 IMG_6428

Ford F-150 New to F150 IMG_6425

OP
OP

Gcc

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Thank you to whoever looks this stuff up. This was the response from the VIN thread:

Truck is missing the 6.x.x updates, but your issue doesn't sound like a missing update problem. Maybe the button itself is messed up? Have you tried the dealer yet?

Will the Truck get the 6.x.x updates on its own over time?

Dealer fee is $249 per hour to look at it. Extended warranty could cover it - could not - they said they have to call it in to find out.

Thanks,
Greg

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
Hello -

My name is Greg. I live in Florida and I just bought a used 2021 F150 XLT - 56k miles on it. My last truck was a Colorado so I am trying to get used to the Ford vocabulary. I wanted to introduce myself but also have a question.

There is a button that looks like a camera on the dash that doesn’t seem to do anything. When I look in the online manual it says it should provide different camera views, but it doesn’t do anything at all. I assume if the truck didn’t have a feature Installed then it wouldn’t have the button, right? What is that supposed to do? I’ve tried it in reverse, in park, and drve.

Thanks,
Greg.

IMG_6417.jpeg
Even in that trim level the camera button should show a rear view while driving down the road if I'm not mistaken, my dad's 301A does that I believe. You can also go to forescan and enable it to stay on at speed I think.

OP
OP

Gcc

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
So I mistyped earlier. The switch must be connected because if I push it when I am in drive and moving forward I get a message that says the function has been disabled for safety while driving. If it wasn’t connected, it wouldn’t give a response at all.

Ford F-150 New to F150 IMG_6432

GypsyDanger

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' XLT
Occupation
Electrician
I got mine from granger. ID check prices now and when you expect to be done with your CPO, could potentially jump in price at certain mile intervals.

Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Thank you to whoever looks this stuff up. This was the response from the VIN thread:

Truck is missing the 6.x.x updates, but your issue doesn't sound like a missing update problem. Maybe the button itself is messed up? Have you tried the dealer yet?

Will the Truck get the 6.x.x updates on its own over time?

Dealer fee is $249 per hour to look at it. Extended warranty could cover it - could not - they said they have to call it in to find out.

Thanks,
Greg
If you have a laptop then highly recommend getting an OBDLink device and Forscan.

Thread here that describes it.
#1 backup backup backup before you do anything.

One of the items on common page is enabling cameras at speed. It is worth looking at it to see if your values match up with what is listed.

Post in the Forscan thread if you have questions the gurus here look at that more than other threads.

Could be the fix to whatever broke the rear camera on your truck.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/2021-f-150-forscan-list-database-spreadsheet.1578/

Last edited:

Bossharp

First Name
Clinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Occupation
Retired USN
Perhaps the best thing you can do is to read the owners manual..To really understand how to use all the tech in the dash and screen go through the functions and submenues till it seems natural. If you get to really know it you will absolutely be safer operating and navigating it while driving. You can make a lot of decisions on functions sitting safely in your driveway.

SuperHerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
If yours is an early 2021 build without the 360 degree camera there is a technical service bulletin that deals with this. A software update is required. I had all the exact same symptoms you described on a used 2021 Lariat I recently brought and was able to get the dealer to do the TSB under warranty as I still had a week or so left on the Ford bumper to bumper warranty.

Ford F-150 New to F150 1710220302934

Last edited:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
If yours is an early 2021 build without the 360 degree camera there is a technical service bulletin that deals with this. A software update is required. I had all the exact same symptoms you described on a used 2021 Lariat I recently brought and was able to get the dealer to do the TSB under warranty as I still had a week or so left on the Ford bumper to bumper warranty.

1710220302934.png
I thought this was an OTA issue.
They are out of warranty so would be better off DIY with FDRS at home.

OP
OP

Gcc

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I bought an extended warranty - wonder if that would cover it.

thanks!! I will also check out that Fortran thing. Need to read up on it though.

I’m not used to OTA updates - so I’m curious - why can’t this be fixed with an OTA update if it is a known issue and was caused by an OTA update?

Thanks,

Greg
Sponsored