First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid
Occupation
RV technician
I was a little disappointed in the UTOG of 500/B/B - I pull a TT 50% of the time. Landing in gravel, dirt, mud and fields much of the time. No snow, though. stock Pirelli's only lasted 33,000 miles but worked well. So I am leaning on the Continental Terrain Contact H/T - don't want to sacrifice mileage and noice for the more aggressive tires.
Sponsored

GIjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 f250
Sorry to say but these tires were returned. These were the stiffest tires I’ve ever rode even at 32psi. Same size and same e rating as my toyos but those rode like pillows compared to these. These were very quiet and I was really impressed with the wet and snow traction. They also look very good and aggressive. However, right off the bat over 50mph my steering wheel would shake like no other and over 60mph the rear end would shake and make my belly jiggle. I was working out of town so I pulled off to the nearest DT and they rebalanced them with one tire being over 2oz off. I drove home and all was good for 2 days then the shaking magically came right back and I was done. I think goodyear over built this tire with all the plies and Kevlar, and you could see it in the sidewalls because they were wavy and bumpy looking. The tires took medium-large bumps just as well as my toyos but every small crack or bump felt sharp and jittery. They would ride smooth one minute then vibrate the other. They also flat spotted pretty bad and it would take a few miles every morning to smooth out. Very unexpected experience but kudos to DT for helping and swapping me into some ko2’s. My initial impression of these is that they are the smoothest, plushest riding e rated tires I’ve had.