NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit

stanleyj42

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Sport
Well dang. I ordered mine this past Saturday and got it today. I did ordered it from a 3rd party site though. Man I was really looking forward to getting this installed.

stanleyj42

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Sport
I'm not real sure if Diode Dynamics follows these threads or not, but I'm here to tell you I have not been very impressed with their customer support.

I used their email site to send in a request about having issues with the light, didn't hear anything for a few days so I called them. I was then told they were aware, and I just needed to send another email with the invoice attached and they would send out a new harness.

Waited a few more days with no response so I called again to get a voicemail this time. I left a message stating all the issue and the email traffic. Another day went by and I got an email saying I needed to send the invoice in again..... So, I did and low and behold I have yet to get a response from that message.

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I'm not real sure if Diode Dynamics follows these threads or not, but I'm here to tell you I have not been very impressed with their customer support.

I used their email site to send in a request about having issues with the light, didn't hear anything for a few days so I called them. I was then told they were aware, and I just needed to send another email with the invoice attached and they would send out a new harness.

Waited a few more days with no response so I called again to get a voicemail this time. I left a message stating all the issue and the email traffic. Another day went by and I got an email saying I needed to send the invoice in again..... So, I did and low and behold I have yet to get a response from that message.
I’m assuming the harness you have now triggers your truck to think it has a trailer?

Just cut the diode wires going from black to white and black to yellow. When they send a new harness that’s all they do.
Ford F-150 NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit C415F54A-FBD8-47EF-8640-A52A710F0859

Last edited:

stanleyj42

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Sport
Little nervous about cutting the wires because I'm not far from just sending the whole thing back. It also does something with triggering my left blinker into thinking it's not working but that could also be the confusion associated with thinking a trailer is connected.

But thankyou for the tip and I will consider pulling the trigger and cutting to see if that gets them working.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Little nervous about cutting the wires because I'm not far from just sending the whole thing back. It also does something with triggering my left blinker into thinking it's not working but that could also be the confusion associated with thinking a trailer is connected.

But thankyou for the tip and I will consider pulling the trigger and cutting to see if that gets them working.

You should try messaging them directly @Diode Dynamics on the forum if you want to try working it out directly with them, they also have a vendor thread here:

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ount-led-pod-kit-the-best-5-minute-mod.13535/

Diligenthunter

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150

I have both harnesses from diode dynamics, the only difference is they cut the diodes.
Here’s a picture of the new one they sent me, you can just see the little sliver nubs.

I’ve test it and currently have it working on my truck.

Ford F-150 NEW PRODUCT | Diode Dynamics HitchMount LED Pod Reverse Kit E48549F8-CC96-4060-89D0-BC851C614680

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150

Good afternoon,

I've contacted our custom service team regarding this issue and I truly apologize on our behalf for the frustration. They're prioritizing your email and assuring it is followed up with before the end of the day today!

stanleyj42

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT FX4 Sport
Thank you and yes I did receive an email from support this afternoon containing some information on getting this resolved.

Iroquois Cage

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 RCSB 5.0
Got mine last night and having the same problem, tweaker blinker, no BLIS, and it thinks there’s a trailer there.
Pretty disappointed after waiting since November. Hopefully the 2k+ I spend on their 14th gen headlights and and fogs aren’t as problematic. Hoping to get an email back soon…

Sponsored

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Got mine last night and having the same problem, tweaker blinker, no BLIS, and it thinks there’s a trailer there.
Pretty disappointed after waiting since November. Hopefully the 2k+ I spend on their 14th gen headlights and and fogs aren’t as problematic. Hoping to get an email back soon…
Did they fix your issues?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
So this product is junk for f150 14th gens? I was about to buy one.
No it works as long as you don't get the C1R version. The C1 works fine.

Also, if you don't have BLIS the C1R works.

It's only trucks with BLIS where the C1R doesn't work