Need help to identify.

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
Can someone please tell me what the little speaker with a button under it is by the inside rearview400px mirror?
Ford F-150 Need help to identify. 20230424_211058 copy
Sponsored

RociPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-F150-XLT-PowerBoost
Can someone please tell me what the little speaker with a button under it is by the inside rearview400px mirror?
20230424_211058 copy.jpg
I think the grate is for air circulation, keeping the dash cam components cool in the summer and warm in the winter by exchanging cabin air. I can only guess about the black button thingy. My best guess is that it is for programming/calibrating the dash cam. Also if you read through the owners manual they mention that law enforcement officers can access all of the data recorded by the suite of cameras around the car and in the car, so maybe its a button for them. just remember that your vehicle now has a "black box", and it can be either a blessing or a curse for a driver depending on their situation.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Not sure what's behind the speaker-looking portion, but the little round black thing is the interior motion sensor for the alarm. I thought that was a forced delete on 23s, but maybe the sensor itself is still there.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
The amount of technology just in the area of the truck your rear view mirror is in is amazing

Ford F-150 Need help to identify. Screenshot_20230426_060040_OneDrive

Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think the grate is for air circulation, keeping the dash cam components cool in the summer and warm in the winter by exchanging cabin air. I can only guess about the black button thingy. My best guess is that it is for programming/calibrating the dash cam. Also if you read through the owners manual they mention that law enforcement officers can access all of the data recorded by the suite of cameras around the car and in the car, so maybe its a button for them. just remember that your vehicle now has a "black box", and it can be either a blessing or a curse for a driver depending on their situation.
SAY WHAT! well how come they can access the video and I cannot...that's some BS right there. Do you recall where that was in the manual? I may have to do some reading this weekend.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov

RociPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-F150-XLT-PowerBoost
SAY WHAT! well how come they can access the video and I cannot...that's some BS right there. Do you recall where that was in the manual? I may have to do some reading this weekend.
Yeah, go to the data And privacy section. I attached the parts about the “event data recorder”

Ford F-150 Need help to identify. IMG_6828

Ford F-150 Need help to identify. IMG_6829

Ford F-150 Need help to identify. IMG_6830

OP
OP

1Roger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Platinum Fx4
It's not a camera that records images though right? Is it just for the blue cruise?
The amount of technology just in the area of the truck your rear view mirror is in is amazing

Screenshot_20230426_060040_OneDrive.jpg
It's crazy I've been studying for three weeks trying to learn all of the things on my truck!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's crazy I've been studying for three weeks trying to learn all of the things on my truck!
Been studying for 2 years and still searching for answers.

FYI, the service manual is 18,000 pages.
Wiring manual nearly as big.

And as you know, the owners manual is 750 pages.

The challenge is to know and understand before it's worn out. :)

Sponsored

RociPB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-F150-XLT-PowerBoost
The little thing by the rear view mirror does not record images from my understanding. At first I thought it did but then I found out it’s just the cameras in the high end trim models with blue cruise that have cameras inside the cabin. Or at least I think, correct me if I’m wrong

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
It's not a button or a calibration thingy...it's your internal air temp sensor.
1682510505407.png

1682510559314.png
Interesting. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that part image show the climate sensor (up top, normally behind the 'grille' on the console) and the intrusion detector (round black thing on bottom)? Either way, the interior temp sensor being just opposite the windshield explains the auto climate acting erratic at times with temp settings. I would have expected that sensor to be located down near the lower dash area, away from sunlight.

EDIT: Maybe they put it up there to keep some distance from the HVAC vents?
Sponsored