First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Occupation
USAF
Ok, @Ford.... 7K into ownership CGM/BAP Powerboost, and already the dash is creaking... If I press on the trim around the interface screen it seems to go away, only to come right back. $80K trucks shouldn't have this issue.... ever. Anyone else have this problem? This combined with my running boards stuck down... and the horrendous seats (which I'm fixing) really take a bite out of the enjoyment.
Sponsored

Dunthupl

First Name
Hunt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
yes, seems pretty common unfortunately. A lot of tapping, banging, sometimes it last a coupe months, sometimes it comes back after a week. But yes I agree, this and the wind noise are pretty frustrating for a truck they priced so high...

OP
OP

Paragon1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
yes, seems pretty common unfortunately. A lot of tapping, banging, sometimes it last a coupe months, sometimes it comes back after a week. But yes I agree, this and the wind noise are pretty frustrating for a truck they priced so high...
Haha yeah i was going to mention the wind noise, out here we get a lot of high speed cross winds, that combined with 80mph speed limits, it sounds like a kazoo is playing in my ear depending on the wind angle.

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
I messed with some fasteners near the glove box and fixed my dash noises. And as for the wind noise I adjusted the doors myself.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Ok, @Ford.... 7K into ownership CGM/BAP Powerboost, and already the dash is creaking... If I press on the trim around the interface screen it seems to go away, only to come right back. $80K trucks shouldn't have this issue.... ever. Anyone else have this problem? This combined with my running boards stuck down... and the horrendous seats (which I'm fixing) really take a bite out of the enjoyment.
There's several soft plastic foam washers they use on the dash parts to keep a bit of NVH from occurring by keeping the retention clips in tension and to aide in vibration isolation. Lack of these or misapplication could be contributing to your issue.

Sponsored

Nasto

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Haha yeah i was going to mention the wind noise, out here we get a lot of high speed cross winds, that combined with 80mph speed limits, it sounds like a kazoo is playing in my ear depending on the wind angle.
You must travel a lot on the I-84 East of the Boise airport! :cool:

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
I always get an annoying tapping noise when my front drivers side window is partially down. It sounds like it is coming from the dash, but it goes away when I put pressure on the window. The location of the noise is under the V shape black trim piece located on the front part of the front door. The noise always goes away when the window is fully closed.

After 40K miles it's silent everywhere else.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I messed with some fasteners near the glove box and fixed my dash noises. And as for the wind noise I adjusted the doors myself.
How did you adjust doors? I wanted to bring my driver door in a bit at the striker but it seems the striker has no adjustment.

Stealth88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
Aerospace
How did you adjust doors? I wanted to bring my driver door in a bit at the striker but it seems the striker has no adjustment.
Loosened the top hinge and moved it in slightly and loosened the striker and tapped it with a rubber mallet to move it in slightly. I did this with all four doors.

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Loosened the top hinge and moved it in slightly and loosened the striker and tapped it with a rubber mallet to move it in slightly. I did this with all four doors.
No shit. I loosened the striker and it seemed like it did not have any adjustment. Guess I’ll have to try again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Paragon1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
[/QUOTE]
You must travel a lot on the I-84 East of the Boise airport! :cool:
Haha yup…. The infamous 110mi round trip. Kill me

OP
OP

Paragon1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
^ what he said.

Ziggy73

First Name
Keven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Radiologic Technologist
I haven't had this particular problem, but I thought the side pillars were the mirrors are were loose, so I bought some cloth tape to put in there, I just haven't done it yet because it seems like it got a lot quieter all of a sudden. You might try some of that, basically you just pop off the fasteners and put you a little square in the hole and push the fastener back down.

Mike Kristie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Thanks to BIC pens, I finally found a way to resolve the intermittent but irritating rattle/squeak that I was experiencing on the dash of my 2022 F-150 King Ranch. I inserted a small piece of plastic from the end of a black pen cap under the trim, just above the media source button. The slight pressure between the trim and the dash panel was all it took to fix what had been an issue from day one. The pen cap worked perfectly as a plastic shim that immediately solved the issue. Just wanted to share in case others are having the same problem.

Ford F-150 Creaky Creaky Dash IMG_2397

OP
OP

Paragon1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
USAF
Thanks to BIC pens, I finally found a way to resolve the intermittent but irritating rattle/squeak that I was experiencing on the dash of my 2022 F-150 King Ranch. I inserted a small piece of plastic from the end of a black pen cap under the trim, just above the media source button. The slight pressure between the trim and the dash panel was all it took to fix what had been an issue from day one. The pen cap worked perfectly as a plastic shim that immediately solved the issue. Just wanted to share in case others are having the same problem.

IMG_2397.jpeg
okay now THATS engineering!!! May work since it’s exactly where I’m having my issue
Sponsored