Sponsored

Mud flaps that work with OEM fender flares ?

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Hi all, I put Ford OEM fender flares on my 2021 PB. These the the ones manufactured by Lund and sold via Ford Parts and Accessories. I would like to add mud flaps but cannot find molded flaps that will work with the flares. The parts guy at Fairway Ford thinks the 2015-2020 mud flaps will work but I am not sure.

Has anyone installed mud flaps with the fender flare kit? What did you go with?

Thanks.
Sponsored

Guard777

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Hi all, I put Ford OEM fender flares on my 2021 PB. These the the ones manufactured by Lund and sold via Ford Parts and Accessories. I would like to add mud flaps but cannot find molded flaps that will work with the flares. The parts guy at Fairway Ford thinks the 2015-2020 mud flaps will work but I am not sure.

Has anyone installed mud flaps with the fender flare kit? What did you go with?

Thanks.
How do you like them? I have the Bushwacker OE version and I think they feel like thin cheap plastic. I’m considering sending my Bushwacker flares back and ordering the Lund instead.

JJC

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 XL RCSB
How do you like them? I have the Bushwacker OE version and I think they feel like thin cheap plastic. I’m considering sending my Bushwacker flares back and ordering the Lund instead.
I wouldn't waste the effort; they are identical flares. Lund acquired Bushwacker several years ago. Both flares are the same Dura-Flex 2000 ABS material.

OP
OP
Mosey

Mosey

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
They seem fine to me. They don’t move and sit flush. I will say I would be happier if they attached with tape were the flares touch the paint. The factory flares on Gen 13s seem better. I put them one more as a ding preventer than anything else.

Sponsored

Guard777

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I wouldn't waste the effort; they are identical flares. Lund acquired Bushwacker several years ago. Both flares are the same Dura-Flex 2000 ABS material.
Thank you! I was going to box them up and send them back and try the Lund brand instead. Seriously about five minutes ago I put them back in the box to send out.
I’m looking at the factory flares on my 22 super duty, and they are a lot thicker material. I guess I’ll have to settle for these. I can’t believe ford doesn’t offer that option anymore.

Guard777

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
They seem fine to me. They don’t move and sit flush. I will say I would be happier if they attached with tape were the flares touch the paint. The factory flares on Gen 13s seem better. I put them one more as a ding preventer than anything else.
Yes, I pulled them out of the box and was looking at everything. I would like it better if they stuck on too.
Sponsored