Moonroof 22 lariat wanted extra sunshade

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Based on everyone’s help and research I had XPEL XR PLUS 30% installed today. So much better already!
F29DE6EA-E9B3-4ACF-B3FC-138919C83D60.jpeg
Might I ask the price installed?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TechGodfather

TechGodfather

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Chief Technology Advisor
Might I ask the price installed?
$300. I could have haggled them down but the guy was nice and his partner did my ceramic coating on the truck too.

The heat difference is extreme. I drove with it open today in full sun and it was very comfortable even on a hot day.

Tobstertx3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
$300. I could have haggled them down but the guy was nice and his partner did my ceramic coating on the truck too.

The heat difference is extreme. I drove with it open today in full sun and it was very comfortable even on a hot day.
Might need to cover my entire truck in this with this freakin heat in Texas!!! 🥵

OP
OP
TechGodfather

TechGodfather

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Chief Technology Advisor
Might need to cover my entire truck in this with this freakin heat in Texas!!! 🥵
I am also in Texas. And yes the heat is extreme. They make some clear xpel that blocks heat but I cannot comment on how it does. My factory tint on the side windows seems good. I’m sure if I upgraded to xpel it would be better.

FWIW, I dont have a digital thermometer but I will say it’s really significantly better on the inside with just the moonroof being done.

Sponsored

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I am also in Texas. And yes the heat is extreme. They make some clear xpel that blocks heat but I cannot comment on how it does. My factory tint on the side windows seems good. I’m sure if I upgraded to xpel it would be better.

FWIW, I dont have a digital thermometer but I will say it’s really significantly better on the inside with just the moonroof being done.
This is great to hear. I know we've got nothing on you guys down south, but it's a been hovering around 95-100 up here in Jersey for the better part of the past two weeks. Nice to know there's a relatively inexpensive option out there to help with the moonroof. I generally love having it open for the airy feel it provides, especially with the black headliner, but it's been too damn hot this summer.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I am doing a full front PPF with the roof done too. I am really only doing the full top sections to use as a UV sacrificial lamb layer. That sun will bake that clear coat no matter what you do unless you have another layer to absorb it. You can prolong it, but it is baking. I cannot keep mine in the garage so I will probably tear this off in about 6 or 7 years and reapply.

A couple grand well spent in my book. Especially if you plan on keeping the truck long term.
Sponsored